To provide daily support to the Head of Production facilitating the provision of efficiency within the solid wood workshop, producing furniture and furniture lighting, enabling the company to become as successful as it can be. To ensure the workshop functions to the best of its ability to meet production targets in order to support the business in reaching its full potential and become a household name in the design industry.
- You will be someone with a keen eye for detail and a passion for efficiency, someone who can actively drive improvement and the reduction of waste.
- You are a hard worker with a diplomatic approach and will have a role in providing support, line management, appraisals and contribute towards induction for team members.
- You will have responsibilities in overseeing safety, stock control and ordering.
- You are someone with a meticulous approach to time management and quality control.
In addition to this role, the Workshop Coordinator continues to carry out the duties of the roles and responsibilities of a Workshop Maker.
Duties will include:
Day to day workshop management
- Work towards increased efficiency by improving workflow and the use of space within the workshop alongside the Head of Production
- Work towards improved timings for all products
- React to and report the need for maintenance of all workshop machines
- Have a working knowledge of relevant systems and processes: BOMs, stock, Supply Chain
- Daily review of schedule & output with Head of Production
- Work alongside Head of Production in maintaining Product Specification Sheets & BOMs / Product Master Files for existing products & their creation for new products
- Provide input on the feasibility of new products within specified timings / costings
- Be the voice of the workshop for maintenance & improvement of jigs alongside Product Development Team
Health & Safety
- Work alongside Health and Safety and Head of Productions to ensure that the workshop is a safe place to work
- Assist H&S Manager in ensuring risk assessments are updated when processes / machines / people change
- Ensure all inductions are carried out & provide training where necessary
Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Responsible for checking the team’s work and raising quality issues with the Head of Production
- Implement improvements to processes, skills and production line
The candidate will
- Have experience in making furniture or similar, using wood as a primary source of material
- Be able to apply previous knowledge and learned skills to our unique workshop environment
- Be able to undertake all mandatory skills and training to be able to become fully competent in making the full range of Tom Raffield furniture and/or lighting products
- The understanding of working to tight deadlines and ability to prioritise tasks
- Be a confident person with a personable character
- Be able to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically
- Work with meticulous attention to detail
- Be able to work independently and in a team
- Be able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload under pressure whilst meeting deadlines which may change last minute
- Have a creative and adaptable mind
- Be a quick learner and enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic team
- Hold strong problem solving and creative skills
- Can collaborate with multiple teams within the company
- Be able to respond and meet production targets
- Be hardworking, committed and interested in the challenge of working for an exciting young business experiencing rapid growth