As a key member of the Active Plus “Who Dares Works” project management team, you will undertake a varied range of administrative duties to support the effective day to day management of this exciting project that is funded by the European Social Fund and the Big Lottery Fund.
• Who Dares Works Project Manager
• Who Dares Works Partnership and Communication Manager
• Who Dares Works Finance and Communication Managers
• Who Dares Works Project Support
• Active Plus Management Team
• Active Plus Office Who Dares Works Delivery Team
• Who Dares Works Project Delivery Partners
• Who Dares Works Participants
• Who Dares Works Stakeholders including funders, employers and referral partners
• Who Dares Works Strategic Partners
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Your days will be varied, requiring flexibility and a willingness to have a go. You will need excellent IT skills and communication skills, with the ability to liaise with a wide range of different people and organisations. You will:
- Provide the key “reception” facility within the team – answering the telephone, being a point of contact for enquiries, covering the Project “inbox” and greeting visitors
- Ensure the timely and accurate input of information to the Who Dares Works customer management system
- Check paperwork from delivery partners for completeness, identifying errors and flagging up potential support/training needs
- Set up and maintain Project participant files and Project partner files
- Support Who Dares Works social media and website activity
- Provide day to day administrative support within the team including, typing, copying, scanning, filing and diary management
- Set up meetings, support the organisation of events, presentations etc
- Take accurate notes and records of Project meetings
- Adhere to policies and processes set by Active Plus
- Ensure all financial, administrative and compliance processes are adhered to at all times, seeking advice and support from Managers as appropriate
- Ensure that data protection guidelines are followed at all times
- Undertake other Project related duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate to and communicate with a broad range of people and groups. You must be able to provide examples that demonstrate your competence in this area.
- Excellent IT and online skills including demonstrable use of Office 365.
- High standards of literacy. Proven ability to take, write-up and present accurate records of meetings etc. Ability to draft letters and summaries of information.
- Good standards of numeracy including ability to collate financial information, and calculate variances in actual spend/achievements against expected levels.
- Experience of both working effectively within in a team and managing daily workloads to meet deadlines and quality expectations. You must be able to provide examples that demonstrate your competence in these areas.
- Experienced with Microsoft Publisher. ECDL or similar qualification.
- GCSE English A*- C.
- GCSE Maths A*-C or equivalent.
- Experience of budgets and performance monitoring.
- Experience of European Social Fund projects.
This role is eligible under the exceptions to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will therefore require the successful applicant to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).