This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Web Developer to work at Cool Earth, an experimental organisation working alongside rainforest communities to reduce deforestation and its impact on climate change.
The role of Web Developer is a key role within the Cool Earth team. The proficiency of Cool Earth’s website, its systems and databases play an integral part in the success of Cool Earth’s fundraising and communications strategy. We’re looking for an experienced, forward thinking candidate to help support our existing IT team in driving efficiency, innovation and technical capability.
Using your interpersonal skills you’ll join the IT team in providing support to both the internal and remote teams (including Sweden, London, Peru, Papua New Guinea).
Cool Earth has created a stimulating workplace where employees are rewarded for collaborations and creativity. Training is taken seriously and you will see your technical skills and value enhanced.
We are looking to hire an employee who can be based on-site in Cornwall and will consider flexible working. Freelancers, contractors, agencies or service providers need not apply
Working alongside the IT Administrator in maintaining the live, staging and development sites. This includes
- Identifying and fixing issues/bugs.
- Performance monitoring/tuning.
- Ensuring the site is secure by proactively identifying and mitigating risks and keeping software up-to-date.
- Development work based upon client specifications.
- Documenting code deployed on Cool Earth’s websites (or other internal systems) and for relevant processes and procedures.
- Supporting the remote teams regarding technical issues
- Identifying areas where internal IT systems and their related procedures and processes can be improved.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Experience supporting & developing a website in a LAMP (Linux, Apache, Mysql, PHP) environment.
- Experience of integrating systems via API’s and troubleshooting existing integrations.
- Good verbal and written skills
Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Experience supporting and developing a CiviCRM database.
- Experience with Linux Servers & ESXi Hypervisor
- Experience supporting and developing a Wordpress site.
- Experience supporting a Seafile filesystem.
- Knowledge of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce applications.
- Experience of providing specialist and technical advice and support to non-technical team members.
- Proven ability and motivation to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Experience working for a charity