Main role and responsibilities
Responsible for supporting fundraising event activity undertaken by ShelterBox, supporting the growth of the fundraising events portfolio to drive engagement opportunities, enhance supporter reach and generate increased income from ShelterBox activity, to include challenge events and festivals.
Working independently to shape and progress a small number of projects as well as providing essential support to key events in the ShelterBox events portfolio. This role provides administrative and onsite event support, ensuring the timely delivery of communications, plans and processes, effectively communicating and liaising with staff, volunteers, donors and fundraisers whilst managing competing priorities.
ShelterBox could not run without our incredible volunteer base. We have a network of over 500 volunteers who do everything from raising awareness of ShelterBox in the UK (to a combined audience of over 80,000 people last year) to delivering aid in the field.
This role is all about ensuring our volunteers have a great experience with us and have all the tools they need to maximise their contribution to ShelterBox. Our volunteers donate their time, and this role will ensure that time is used in the best possible way. As part of the wider Supporter Outreach team, whose aim is to grow our supporter base, this role will work to ensure we are developing our volunteer network to its full potential to get our name out and about in the UK and to get more ShelterBox supporters on board.
Focused on support and recruitment, this role is all about providing a great experience for volunteers and coming up with interesting and engaging new ways to get people on board. This will include developing a suite of resources for talks, outreach events and conferences designed to promote ShelterBox and encourage people to join us. You will also be responsible for building the skills, capacity and numbers of the volunteer network.
Who are we looking for?
ShelterBox is seeking a passionate volunteer officer with experience of developing supporters to enable them to flourish. The ability to inspire others and work with large numbers of supporters is key. The successful candidate will be able to support and engage both existing volunteers and new audiences to enable us to increase our reach.
A big part of this role will be providing tools to our existing volunteer base, so you will have experience delivering at scale. Equally, it is about attracting new supporters to the organisation so we’re looking for someone who is dynamic, outgoing and a ‘people person’.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Providing support to the volunteer network in the form of information, materials and resources
- Working with key volunteers to identify what additional resources are required
- Identifying opportunities to increase engagement of the volunteer network
- Working with training volunteers to promote our volunteer training programme and recruit new volunteers
- Creating resources designed to attract and capture new supporters
- Managing the recruitment process for volunteers across the organisation including identifying gaps, writing role descriptions, advertising and induction
- Developing training and engagement opportunities for volunteers including webinars, regular meet ups and information sharing
- Assisting other teams across ShelterBox in recruiting volunteers for their departments
- Produce written correspondence such as reports and other documents relating to the specific projects and undertake general admin tasks such as filing, scanning etc.
- Full administrative support for all aspects of volunteers including ID Card process, updating details on the database etc.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary to support the Supporter Outreach team