Outset Cornwall is a European Regional Development Fund programme supporting under- represented groups from Cornwall to start their own businesses. The programme comprises different workshops, 1:1 support and coaching, and networking events delivered in different locations around the county. Its dedicated team deliver flexible and practical support in an informal and supportive environment, working with hundreds of local people, to help them register self-employed or to start successful businesses.
We are looking for a digital content creator of video, audio, animation and graphics, to update, improve and maintain the Outset online resources and to format these to further promote the Outset Cornwall programme offer on our social media streams. As new face-to-face content is developed, it will need adapting and integrating within our e learning platform. You will need to ensure the learning content is visually stimulating and engaging so that our users experience a high-quality learning environment.
- Work with the web manager to design and create a range of interactive content, including engaging videos, checklists, webinars, graphics and animations, to high quality standards for consumer and early stage business audiences
- Creating video or graphic based clips for the team to use in social media posts to increase participation from Outset’s current client base and increase the prospective client pipeline
- Monitor and upload content to sites like; YouTube, Vzaar
- Translate existing and new face to face delivered content and written narrative into appealing and informative online content
Essential skills and knowledge
- Experience of graphic, visual design and digital training material creation – storyboards, video, animation, audio and graphics
- Experience of graphic design, animation and digital editing software
- Experience of digital tools including Adobe Creative Suite. Premier Pro and After Effects are particularly important and knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator would also be useful
- Knowledge of streaming and hosted video will also be very useful
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Experience of designing learning for different browsers and platforms
- Strong creative ability and confident in bringing ideas to life
- You’ll demonstrate proven abilities to work collaboratively and proactively in a small team
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Experience of working to deadlines
Some travel will be required, so a driving license, your own vehicle and a willingness to travel is a mandatory requirement of this post.
The YTKO Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates fulfilling the job requirements, regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
The Outset Cornwall 4 contract has not yet been contracted. We anticipate it starting in August 2019. It is funded by the European Regional Development Fund, all the above roles are dedicated to the project and should the project go to funding agreement, they will be fixed term until 31st July 2022.