The successful candidate must be able to showcase a portfolio of intuitive and engaging website designs and digital marketing assets (display banners, social posts, social media ads, etc.), as well as the ability to take ownership and manage the entire process, from concept to delivery - moodboarding, wireframing, concepting, responsive design, etc.
The successful candidate will be a Digital Designer hybrid who will hit the ground running.
First and foremost we’re looking for a progressive and energetic Digital Designer who can fit seamlessly into fast-paced agency life. Naturally we expect outstanding attention to detail, a keen eye for razor sharp design and someone to champion creative design across the agency.
An understanding, passion and proven experience of both UX and UI design is a must. We pride ourselves on creating websites with user experience at the forefront of our designs. The successful candidate will have the ability to confidently talk our clients through our design decisions and principles.
To complement the creativity and design curiosity, the successful candidate will also have the ability to competently handle client communications, alongside managing project timelines and key deliverables/milestones.
The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively alongside the wider internal team of Account Execs/Managers and Developers, ensuring the end product we deliver to our client’s is both on time, and of the highest quality.
- Proven and demonstrable agency or client-side experience as a Digital Designer
- Understanding and ability to demonstrate UX design principles
- Portfolio of responsive website design projects
- Portfolio of moodboards, wireframes and concepts
- Competent with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to design marketing funnel landing page, hero banners and social media ads
- Ability to work within brand guidelines and be confident in presenting work to clients
- Clear understanding of the entire website process (from project ‘kick-off’ to ‘launch’) - and the role wireframing, concepting and responsive design has within this process
- Ability to unpack a client brief and design websites to challenge both business and UX objectives/KPI’s
- Ability to work directly with clients and the wider Account team and manage not only the design process, but also the project timelines when needed
- Ability to communicate professionally with clients, stakeholders and the wider internal team (Account leads and Developers) is essential
- Ability to provide creative direction to a wider team of Creatives - inc. photographers, videographers and copywriters
- The ability to prioritise tasks (across multiple projects) and manage your own time is essential
- Work towards tight deadlines - pro-active, punctual and well-organised
- Passionate and enthusiastic - confident in nature, with the ability to discuss and justify your design concepts with clients
- Willingness to go the extra mile - to deliver original, unique and truly beautiful website designs
- A people person - a cultural fit, with an honest personality is everything!
- Ability to design in Sketch
- Design of emails/newsletters
- Concept and creation brand guidelines
- Logo design
- Offline/print design
- Understanding of WordPress
If you’re the kind of Digital Designer who wants to grow with an agency, take ownership of the creative process and treat the business as if it were your own, then we would love to hear from you and see examples of your work!