To accelerate our growth, we want to recruit a new Management Trainee to join our team.
You will receive a wide array of training in all aspects of successful business management leading to a recognised management qualification. We will train you in a gambit of sales, purchasing, finance, logistics, administration and production safety duties, so that you can take on responsibility and ownership of key functions within the team. As your competence increases, so will your responsibilities.
You are must be self-motivated and adaptive, with an enthusiastic nature. You will be able to demonstrate the use of initiative, self-reliance, effective teamwork and a desire to keep learning. We will see your good track record of employment, or full-time education, but most importantly we will see your potential as a valuable member of our team. You are likely to already have a degree, or equivalent qualification and good grades. Familiarity and competence in IT skills is a must, as is being able to take constructive feedback and learn from coaching and experience.
You will continue your business education in the work environment with a wide range of valued customers, so appropriate and effective communication skills are a must to have. We will help you develop these further. Your work-based learning will be supplemented by external training and qualifications, and you will be mentored and coached by experienced management professionals.
We want to identify in you a grit and determination to succeed. You will need to use your judgement every day to make the right decisions; and it will be a steep learning curve but we will support you as you grow.
Although it may be possible to offer flexible working conditions, it is expected that the successful candidate will work out of our quarry offices, to allow appropriate mentorship and training to take place close to the management team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To generally assist in coordinating and implementing the business’s strategic objectives.
- To learn and develop with the role, to earn promotion to a key position within the management structure of The Company.
- To train in the wide variety of business administrative tasks.
- Maintain sales records, supervise and control dispatch records, send customer invoices and produce finance reports
- Work closely with the office team and liaise with all internal teams and contractors
- Maintain risk assessments and health and safety records
- Review processes and procedures
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies alongside the wider team
- Communicate effectively and offer excellent customer service for enquiries, sales and visitors to site
- Help implement and improve existing systems to support purchasing and stock control