Swathe Services are based in small modern offices on the Marine Renewables Park in Hayle and we work with a range of partner businesses and commercial enterprises and carry out work such as Hydrographic Survey Seabed, Shallow Coastal, Rivers, and Mining Settlement Ponds.
Reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will manage all the company’s equipment activities; assist with customer demonstrations and installations; support sales enquiries as well as form part of the R&D team for producing new products and services.
Day to day the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the management of all equipment rental
- Maintaining equipment, preparing it for deployment and checking its condition upon return
- Keeping equipment tracking systems up to date on a daily basis
- Keeping an up to date inventory of all company assets and equipment
- Monitoring of the renewal of all company equipment and software calibration, repair and maintenance requirements
- Export control issues related to the shipment of equipment overseas
You will be required to support the company sales activities by:
- Assisting with sales and services enquiries
- Producing quotations for product sales and services
- Attending supplier workshops and training as well as attending exhibitions and conferences
Swathe Services Total Quality Management incorporates technical support activities. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining the TQM in respect of the equipment rentals which must be maintained to the highest standard of operation by:
- Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for equipment maintenance and cleaning
- Tracking equipment recalibration requirements and dates
- Logging the condition of equipment prior to and on return from deployment
- Monitoring customer feedback to ensure customer satisfaction
- Degree in Engineering/Science/Oceanography or similar discipline
- Hydrographic Surveying experience using both Single and Multi-Beam SONARS
- Excellent working knowledge on Inertial Navigation Systems
- A very good appreciation of the hydrographic survey work flow from data acquisition through to final products
- Preferred candidates will have experience using R2SONIC and SBG Systems equipment and in-depth knowledge of Hypack software.
- You will be confident dealing with our customers, offer great customer service while looking for ways to increase revenue.
- Experience or knowledge of inventory management
- Experience or knowledge of export regulations for equipment and machinery
- Team player
- Ability to work flexibly to accommodate the varied nature of the job
- Willingness to work on client premises
Although specific training will be provided you will have a knowledge base that will allow you to confidently carry out the responsibilities that come with the role.
Our ideal candidate will be looking for a career as part of a small friendly team, you will work closely with all the team but specifically with our Executive Assistant and the Design Engineer, offering a degree of flexibility you will be willing to work onsite and offsite as well as out of hours, although these times will be kept to a minimum and will attract an enhanced pay rate. We are a small adaptable team and we offer a modern friendly working environment, modern offices, free onsite parking and a challenging yet rewarding environment. Sound like this would suit you? We would love to hear from you!