An exciting opportunity for a surveyor to join Cornwall Home Solutions Team in the East.
The surveyor we are seeking is a highly qualified professional and the role, as well as being varied and challenging, makes a real difference to people’s health and well-being. They will be expected to work independently, providing a high level of technical advice and expertise.
The role is based at Chy Trevail however allows for Flexible Working and promotes a work smart approach to delivery.
The role responsibilities will include the following
- To visit clients in their homes, providing the required level of advice and information relating to building work.
- To identify property defects and solutions, prepare (or arrange to prepare) surveys, identify hazards in the home utilising the Housing Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS), to give advice on whether work to a property is technically possible, prepare schedules of work, detailed specifications and drawings as appropriate.
- To ensure appropriate contractual documentation is entered into between the client and builder and to represent the client in negotiating with contractors on site.
- To advise the team on technical matters, including Building Regulations, Planning Permission and Building Contracts, Party Wall Act, Health and Safety issues etc.
- To administer the contracts for works, instruct contractors and monitor the quality of workmanship.
- To organise and ensure that all statutory consents, such as the necessary planning and building permissions, have been obtained and satisfactory arrangements are in place prior to the commencement of work.
- Arrange and undertake site visits to check the progress of the work and ensure work is carried out to a satisfactory standard.
- To liaise and consult with the Keyworker and Occupational Therapist, discuss the technical requirements to progress the individual needs of the client, provide advice and support to enable the Keyworker/OT to update the client and progress cases efficiently.
NVQ Level 4/HNC/HND/City & Guilds in a relevant subject such as Building Surveying. A comprehensive knowledge of Building and Planning regulations, Housing grants legislation and housing construction. Experience of property surveys, tender preparation and negotiation, contract administration, quality and cost control is essential.
It is desirable to have knowledge of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS). Experience of working with older people and people with disabilities would be an advantage. Additional training support may be offered to suitable candidates seeking career progression.