For the first 6-12 months, your time will be split between operational support (data entry, testing, content administration), and training.
As part of your training, you will shadow more experienced developers using pair-programming as they work on a variety of client projects, and complete a set of training resources. Once your training is complete and you gain enough experience, you will progress to working on your own project work and have the opportunity to specialise as either a software developer, a software tested, or a project manager.
As part of your operational support duties, you’ll also work as our tester and website and data administrator. The day-to-day role includes:
- Testing new features across a variety of browsers and devices to ensure they are ready for live release
- Completing data and website administration tasks to help maintain existing projects
- Supporting the Project Lead, Lead Consultant and Managing Director as required on ad-hoc tasks
- Actively participating in agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
Team fit is more important to us than exact technical skills, as we firmly believe in training the right people to have a long and successful career with us. For that to work, you will need to have a desire to learn new things. This is an entry-level role - we will train you ‘on the job’ so no specific coding experience is necessary. Here’s what you will need to have:
- A keen interest in a career in website and software development
- A demonstrable aptitude and enthusiasm for the world of software and websites
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take responsibility for the work assigned to you, completing it without needing to be micro-managed.
And if you have any of the below, even better!
- Experience working with one or more programming languages
- Experience with website administration
- Experience of working within an agency environment
- University degree in Computer Science or similar
Salary is in the range of £20-25k depending on your experience.
Here are some of the other benefits of working here:
- A competitive salary that is regularly reviewed
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Paid sick, parental, and compassionate leave
- Flexitime and remote working opportunities
- Free fruit, tea, coffee, and fancy coffee machine
- Free on-site parking
- Café on-site
- Fully funded training and development opportunities