With a background in social media and PR, you’ll have between 2-3 years’ experience in the strategic creation and delivery of engaging digital communications. You’ll have a proven track record in using social media to entertain and engage with an excellent grasp of social media strategies across a variety of platforms. You will be comfortable using a mix of targeted paid and organic activity with excellent planning and super organisational skills. We have broad and highly engaged audience so an understanding of B2B and B2C social media, community management and campaign marketing is key.
You’ll be able to demonstrate that you can use consumer insight to create ingenious PR messaging which are relevant and talkable to drive positive mentions of the brand. Experience of working with influencers (bloggers, Instagrammers included) to reach new audiences would be great.
You will enjoy working effectively as part of a team with internal stakeholders and external agencies so that we deliver a consistent brand tone of voice and message across all our key channels. You’ll be computer and mobile literate excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. Copywriting is a key part of this role so excellent English language skills (both written and verbal) is key. If that wasn’t enough, a basic knowledge of Google Analytics and/or photo editing skills would terrific, but not essential.
Your Role in a Nutshell
Reporting directly to the Communication Manager, this role will be responsible for delivering the brands communications through social media (trade & consumer) on multiple platforms. Achieving growth, tip-top engagement and meaningful connections, measured by engagement stats, website traffic and revenue. PR responsibilities include co-ordinating with Bump PR in creating Frugi’s PR plan and then supporting them in the implementation of this plan. It will also involve the tracking and evaluation of all activities to learn lessons and improve continuously.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Help Frugi grow and engage our social media community across all channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest – and any other networks that might crop up along the way!).
- Develop and execute an inspiring and engaging social media using both paid & organic activity, taking into account the role of each channel to drive social media KPIs (engagement, site traffic, shareability).
- Help develop compelling storytelling content which bring to life our seasonal collection themes to drive awareness with new customers.
- Ensure we communicate our organic and ethical Frugi proposition with target consumers to help us build a differentiated brand from our competitive set.
- Work with our social media, PR, email and graphics team to amplify key brand initiatives and promotions as well as deliver day-to-day content, management, copywriting and upload/scheduling.
- Keep on top of trends, best practice and developments to ensure Frugi are ahead of the curve as well as complying with data legislation.
- Execute fun and engaging social media promotions for Frugi and if we are working with them- our brand partners across all social touchpoints.
- Have an up-to-date understanding of how each Frugi social channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging and formats correctly.
- Plan PR activity with the Communications Manager and implement alongside Bump PR in a lead/support capacity.
- Support all press office activity to drive coverage, positive brand mentions and build relationships with key consumer and press titles.
- Identify main target audiences determining the best way to reach them with authentic, relevant and talkable PR activity.
- Work with Bump PR to deliver an influencer strategy which drives awareness with new customers and keeps Frugi top of mind.
- Write compelling applications for all relevant industry awards and manage requests for interview/image/samples.
- Contribute where necessary to delivery of internal communications.
- Track, measure and report on social analytics data to continuously improve engagement using this information to inform daily decisions and strategic direction.
- All PR activities need to be fully tracked and reported on to assess the success and lessons learned.
- Contribute to the monthly Board reports.
- Act as a guardian for the Frugi brand.
- Attention to detail – ensuring that all copy, images and graphics are professionally executed and presented in a highly creative manner within the Frugi brand guidelines.
- Self-manage to tight deadlines, knowing when and what to prioritise.
- Work on ad hoc projects as required.
- Our ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years’ experience creating and delivering brand engagement through PR, email, social media and other communication channels.
- You’ll have a strong background in social media strategy across a variety of platforms and through paid and organic channels.
- You’ll be highly capable in B2B and B2C social media, community management, digital communications and campaign marketing.
- You’ll possess strong analytical skills and proven experience in using consumer insight to shape PR messaging and drive positive conversation.
- We’d like you to have experience of working with influencers (bloggers, Instagrammers included) to reach new audiences would be great.
- You’ll be a creative and innovative thinker and ‘out of the box’ problem solver.
- You’ll be an excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate a brilliant command of the English language and be able to deliver creative content which is consistent with our brand and tone of voice.
- You’ll be super organised with excellent time management skills. You’ll be able to handle multiple projects concurrently and meet some tight deadlines – you’ll thrive in a dynamic working environment.
- You’ll enjoy working both as part of a close-knit team and independently on projects.
- You’ll be very capable with MS Office, especially in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. A good knowledge of mobile is also important.
- If you also have a basic knowledge of Google Analytics and/or photo editing skills that would be advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
- We’re offering a full time, permanent contract.
- We’ll invest in you with a competitive salary
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme, including matched contributions.
- A share of the profits - if we have a good year we’ll share it.
- You’ll get a great discount across our fantastic range.
- We’ll invite you to take part in our healthy workplace activities such as lunchtime walks, yoga, etc.
- We hold regular company events organised by our very own Frugi Fun Committee.
- We offer fabulous career progression and development opportunities. As we grow, you’ll grow too!
- We provide a slightly bonkers but very fun and exciting environment to work in.