As one of the founding members, you’ll develop the platform and infrastructure connecting a voice and text-enabled intelligent mobile app, financial OpenBanking data sources, state of the art intelligent analytics and real-time recommendation engine.
This is a key role as it will establish and develop the technical architecture for the Good With platform supporting current and future products and services.
Python and open source technologies are the overarching strategic choice for server-side applications and components such as proxies and databases.
The role fulfils two key responsibilities:
1, Development of server (backend) applications and databases:
- The applications will support a mobile app, providing secure user authentication, profile information, user financial data including summary overviews, analytics and recommendations.
- Core applications will synchronise data from banking and finance sources through the OpenBanking API.
- Development of secure databases of user and financial data, supporting real-time conversational interactions with mobile app users, and architected to scale with user growth.
- The applications will also support voice-enabled interaction with a mobile app, providing real-time responses from an analytics and recommendation engine.
2.Development of scalable cloud hosted infrastructure:
- Secure cloud hosted environments for the applications.
- Support for hosted firewalls, proxies, databases, backups, and API interfaces.
- Monitoring for health, performance, and security.
- Automated continuous build, test, integration and deployment of applications and data.
Who we’re looking for
Good With are looking for an individual who has extensive and demonstrable experience developing server applications that have been successfully adopted by users, maintained security and performance with growth in users.
Your experience will include working in an agile team, doing iterative development, continuous build, test and deployment systems, and monitoring both infrastructure health and user experience.
You will have experience working with a security function to design and develop secure applications and infrastructure, assess and mitigate risks, and support formal security assurance processes, ideally in a financial services sector.
You will be able to demonstrate your passion for technology by, for example, contributions to open source projects, personal projects, learning different languages and frameworks, and giving talks and tutorials on server application development and cloud infrastructure.
Please don’t be put off applying because you aren’t a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity, think you can achive the outcomes we are looking for, but aren’t sure if tick every box, we’d still love to hear from you.
- Demonstrable Python experience – can be evidenced through personal projects.
- Server application development using frameworks such as Django and Flask.
- API development, with gateways deployed using, for example, nginx
- SQL and no-SQL database design, build, maintenance and optimisation.
- Continuous build and integration tools such as Git, Jenkins.
- Infrastructure tools such as Docker and Kubernetes, or Amazon/Google equivalents.
- Writing and automating unit tests.
- Monitoring and analytics for application health, performance and user experience.
- Writing clean, readable, sustainable and reusable code.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and optimising performance.
- Developing applications to meet accessibility standards.
- Linux operating system, and shell scripting.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Team player
- Happy working in a fast-paced environment
- A degree in a mathematical, scientific or computing subject is very desirable.
- AWS and Google Cloud Certifications are very desirable.
- Developers with alternative relevant qualifications and applicable technology certifications are encouraged to apply.
The Good Stuff:
- Good With is committed to training and seeing our team grow and succeed. You’ll have a mentor who will support both your individual and career aspirations
- This is a broad and challenging role, and an ideal opportunity to gain valuable experience towards senior software and cloud architect positions
- This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the UK’s exciting and growing fintech and edtech sectors
- 12 month contract to start and opportunity to earn equity in the business