Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, you’ll use your skills to make improvements to our website, spec out and manage projects for our development team, and work to improve our UX and SEO. We want to make sure that people have the best experience they can whilst using our websites - and that's where you'll come in.Here's a bit more on what we're looking for…
Knowledge and Specific Job Skills Summary
It isn't a deal-breaker if you don't (we can provide training to the right candidate), but it would really work in your favour if you already some of the following:
- some experience working with CMS systems e.g. Magento
- experience making SEO improvements
- UX analysis & improvement experience
- basic HTML & CSS skills
- experience working with Google Search Console, Analytics, and Optimize
- reporting with Google Data Studio
- fabulous copywriting skills
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- User Experience Optimisation: We like to keep a close eye on how people are using our website, so we can improve as much as possible. You’ll be all over this, ensuring the user journey is optimised to give people the best experience possible.
- Onsite Search Optimisation: Keeping a close eye on searching habits and making alterations to our onsite search engine to ensure our visitors can find exactly what they’re looking for, with zero fuss. Helping to promote our various campaigns using merchandising tools.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Using various tools at your disposal, you’ll analyse our sites and report findings, making changes to improve our visibility on search engines like Google.
- Project Management: Creating specifications for tasks to pass onto our systems and development teams, user acceptance testing of newly developed features and changes, and following developments through to release onto our websites.
- Working with the wider team: We’re a busy bunch of people who all help each other out as and when required, so getting involved in every aspect of our marketing mix will definitely be on the cards. Amongst other things, this will involve helping out with our marketing automation system, campaign planning, and getting involved in team meetings to come up with creative ideas for upcoming projects.
Person Specification/Core Competencies
The role would most likely suit someone wanting to develop their skills for a career in the digital marketing industry. As well as this, the right candidate will have:
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- pixel-perfect attention to detail
- a great work ethic
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to report findings, analyse and make suggestions
- a desire to learn, improve and progress
- a great sense of humour
- the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- excellent time management skills