This role will typically involve working in one of three areas of expertise, including ground contamination, ground stability or ground strength. A detailed knowledge of one subject area is essential, with knowledge of a second or third subject being a distinct advantage.
The role will involve working under the direct supervision of the principal geo-environmental engineer, and will involve the supervision of graduate engineers, soil technicians and external contractors, including drillers, laboratories and other organisations as required. Excellent people management skills are required.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience/ Skills:
- Degree in ground engineering, ground contamination or similar relevant subject
- Experience of site investigation
- Experience of geotechnical engineering, ground stability or investigating contaminated land
- Holder of a CSCS Card, PTS, EURSA Card or similar qualifications.
- Confidence in managing colleagues and subcontractors
- Experience in winning new work and managing client accounts
- Excellent arithmetic and communication skills
- Experience of checking others’ reports
You must hold a full UK Driving license as there will be significant independent travel involved in the post between sites