Senior Design Engineer
Forme Partitions and Forme Create are trading names of Taylor Symes Limited.
St Dominick, Cornwall.
Competitive package and career progression.
A unique business with offices in Cornwall and London, we work with some of the UK's most innovative, forward-thinking companies to deliver our high-end bespoke architectural metalwork products.
We are focused on our future and strengthening our organisation to ensure continued success. Due to our continued expansion we are looking to hire an experienced Design Engineer to join our team.
You will have end-to-end responsibility for varied design projects working in collaboration with the whole team to deliver projects on time, on budget and to a high standard.
Solidworks and parametric modelling are essential parts of the role. The Senior Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the models are correct at all times and planning in maintenance with the rest of the team without impacting live projects.
Our London based team will rely on you having excellent communication skills to relay project information and coordinate site installations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Product design and development including parametric modelling.
- Mentoring other members in the Design Team.
- Lead bespoke metalwork projects and present design solutions.
- Production of detailed written work instructions for manufacture and installation of projects.
- Technical drawings to accompany work instructions and supplier quotations.
- Creation of new parts/assemblies and creation of their bills of materials.
- Liaising with the precision sheet-metal sub-contractors.
- Production of client quotation drawings, liaising with clients, attending design meetings on and offsite.
- Provide assistance to company operations and manufacturing subcontractors as required.
- Lead new product development and continuous product improvement.
- Work to project plans and manage multiple deadlines and tasks accurately and reliably.
- Accurately review information from clients including technical drawings and floor plans.
- Ensure Ops Manager has complete and accurate information for project planning regarding project progress, costs, issues, delays.
- Communication with the London office and Install Teams to ensure that any potential challenges are raised and can be addressed in a timely manner.
- Work with the rest of the team to focus on improving processes to provide an outstanding level of service to customers and accurate information throughout the business. Gaining feedback from across the business and implementing positive changes.
- Upholding the company ethos and brand values with the utmost care and attention.
- General admin and errands as required.
- Occasional trips to London office and sites around the UK.
To be considered…
You must have sufficient energy and focus to maximise this great opportunity in a small growing company. A “can do attitude” when under pressure and focus on seeing tasks through to a satisfactory completion.
You must be within commuting distance to our offices in Cornwall and most importantly want to work in a role where you can add value, contribute to a successful business and work as part of a close-knit team. We’re looking for someone to bring new ideas and enthusiasm to our flourishing team.
Key skills we're looking for are:
- Demonstrable experience of precision sheet-metal.
- Computer literate with a strong working knowledge of Solidworks and intermediate Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel, but also Outlook and Word.
- Attention to detail, a high standard of accuracy and quality, together with clear communication skills are essential.
- A ‘can do’, flexible attitude.
- Ability to complete tasks independently and contribute towards effective teamwork.
- Creative & innovative approach to problem solving and product/process development.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal in order to deal with all levels of people including clients.
- Motivated and adaptable, willing to assist with all company challenges.
- Able to think laterally and deal with last minute changes under pressure.
- Conscientious employee, taking pride in work and achievements.
- Ability to work in a busy and varied environment with exposure to pressurised deadlines.
- Must have the capability to learn and master new systems.
Desirable but not essential:
• Qualification in Engineering.
• Understanding of architectural metalwork.
• Experience working in the Construction Industry / Interior Design.
• Training in AutoCAD.
What we offer…
A rare opportunity to be based in a rural Cornish studio setting whilst delivering top-tier projects. Our studio is relaxed yet focused, with an honest and constructive culture. We are a small team where every individual counts. You will be challenged daily and trusted with responsibilities of delivering high-end architectural projects. An exciting opportunity to build your own career within our dynamic, growing company in Cornwall and help shape our future.
A competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Ongoing training opportunities to be provided and professional development is encouraged.
Some fun along the way!
No agencies please.
Job Type: Full time. Permanent.