Working as part of Greenyard Flowers, alongside the National Dahlia Collection (NDC) this role will be central to supporting the wider management team and continued growth of the company. If you have an analytical and strategic mind, in addition to being a great leader and motivator, this role could be perfect for you.
At the heart of this job, you will be working to manage relationships with key high street retail customers and getting involved in strategic planning and delivery for all product areas.
Due to the level of communication with clients and suppliers, you will have the opportunity to proactively participate in marketing activities - including ‘out of the box’ thinking and taking the lead to support the launch of products. Being part of the Senior Management team you will be liaising with all departments in this fully vertically integrated business. This role has one direct report who will support you.
Some key responsibilities and duties:
- Managing relationships with key customers
- Negotiating annual pricing proposals with retail clients
- Customer account management (communication management in and out, availability and supply, sales performance monitoring, market feedback, pricing & POD queries, packaging, artwork follow up)
- Development and management of charity relationships
- Ensuring all e-commerce orders and customer interfaces are actioned professionally and accurately
- Undertaking the “Category Champion” role with the business’s key retail customer accounts
- Using market intelligence data to meet business and customer requirements
- Consider market positioning, packaging and merchandising with an commercially focusses end plan
- Working with production forecast data you will manage the total raw material available’
- Managing, preparing and delivering budgets and marketing plans
- Motivating, managing and developing team members
- Managing market data
- Degree or equivalent level qualification and or experience within the FMCG (fresh food) or horticulture sector
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- High level of integrity, reliability and discretion
- Good communication and liaison skills with the ability to motivate and positively influence other teams and individuals whether inside or outside the company.
- Adeptness to understand the needs and priorities of customers (both internally and externally) and manage their expectations
- Ability to build and develop working relationships with customers, suppliers and service providers
- Open mind in terms of ways of working, implementation and development
- Good analytical skills and the ability to use data and information in the implementation of business objectives and projects.
- Competency in the use of ICT tools – Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Self-motivating “can do” approach and ability to use initiative and prioritise tasks
- Able to work flexible and unsocial hours when required
- Be available for occasional overseas trips
- Experience of managing and reporting budgetary information
- Operated in an environment with imported and UK sourced products
- Involvement in packaging design, development and delivery