We are looking for an organised and personable candidate to join the charge and build momentum within our growing Sales team. This is your chance to be at the forefront of a new ‘circular’ and massively growing approach to managing our global resources through design. You will not just be trying to sell a range of products but a wider solution to single use waste.
This position would be ideal if you are a person who: is passionate about the environment, is looking to develop a career in sales but has an appreciation of marketing, enjoys working with a wide variety of people, is creative in their approach, adaptable, naturally motivated, has excellent communication skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines.
Job Outline: The Sales Executive will be responsible for working directly with the Sales Director and the Senior Management Team to maximise our organisation’s sales opportunities – both incoming leads and through proactive pursuit. This role requires a strong administrator with sales and account management experience, an excellent telephone manner, attention to detail, a creative eye, and someone who relishes a challenge.
- Be an active member of the Sales team, assist with daily sales administration activities, ensure the sales process is followed and help reach team sales targets and objectives.
- Assess and respond to the high volume of incoming prospect and lead enquiries from small independent gift shops to multi-national brands, via emails and calls throughout the day.
- Ensure accounts are set up and all client information entered on the database is correct.
- Stay in touch and proactively work with existing bank of potential clients on the CRM database.
- Research potential new sales streams and clients, identifying why our products would relate to them and recommending a sales approach.
- Obtain Customer/Stockist feedback; contact every few months to gather feedback about product sales, collate information and report internally.
- Reignite and revisit old accounts both locally and regionally, building new and lasting relationships.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to identify and correctly target new markets and opportunities.
- Organise and attend events, exhibitions and trade shows, overseeing the entire planning process – from booking to attendance to curating visuals, checking kit lists and overseeing the creation of physical/digital assets needed.
- To undertake Ad Hoc project work and carry out any other duties to meet sales needs.
The Ideal Candidate: we are looking for someone who has lots of initiative, is an outstanding communicator and is not be afraid to get stuck in. You can demonstrate that you:
- Are passionate about the environment.
- Are highly organised, ideas orientated, naturally motivated and a enthusiastic, confident person.
- Are focused on delivering a consistently high-quality service in both sales and customer service, with proven ability to convert opportunities.
- Have excellent computer skills; Proficiency in MS Office packages.
- Are a confident communicator with a strong command of the English language.
- Are creative and organised, with strong attention to detail.
- Are a resilient team player with great drive, enthusiasm and passion.
- Have effective time management skills and the ability to work constructively, prioritising workload when under pressure (and re-prioritising when necessary).
- Have experience of database work and additional administrative duties.
- Have strong account management skills
Desirable but not essential you may have:
- Knowledge of Salesforce system.
- Minimum level of education required: 5 GCSE (A-C) or equivalent
- 2 years’ proven experience in sales, preferably within the home and garden product sector.