You will be based at our depot at Fraddon. You will be initially working with the existing Ifor Williams Trailers salesperson for a period to get you familiar with the role and to help you learn the products.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise, negotiate and conclude the sale, completing all appropriate paperwork and documentation.
- Prepare sold trailers
- Advise customers when their trailer has been received and is ready for collection
- Maintain stock at agreed levels
- Organise and maintaining the new and used trailer display.
- Implement telephone prospecting for new business
These responsibilities are essential in a small business where all members of the team are required to work flexibly and help in all and any area during busy periods
- Sell the wide range of products (not just Ifor Williams Trailers) to customers that visit the depot.
- Keep confidential and company business or statistics.
- To represent Vincent Tractors Limited and promote its brand throughout all activities.
- Ability to work hours as required by the business.
The above is not an exhaustive list and other duties and responsibilities may be included in the role as the business develops over time.
The company is committed to training and supporting employees. Employees will receive training for all areas included in their job description to ensure that they are capable, and feel confident, of performing both main and secondary responsibilities. In addition, it is the employee’s responsibility to alert their Line Manager to areas where they feel they require more training, or need the support of another member of the team, to undertake a specific task that may be new, or more challenging, for them.
- Proven record of closing the deal
- Ability to speak with all manner of customer
- Experience of building relationships with customers
- Experience of selling to end users or resellers.
- Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) experience would be advantageous.
- Foundation Degree, HND or Degree
- Some formal training in sales
Qualities, knowledge & skills
- Keen to make the sale
- Ability to up sell.
- Ability to pick up technical knowledge and apply it
- Self-motivated & able to use initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach
- Neat, clean and tidy image
- Loyal and reliable
- Ability to work to deadline and to a high degree of accuracy.
- Good IT Skills
- Friendly & interested in our customers
- Experience in our industry sector
- Experience of working within a close sales team
- A current driver’s licence
- Willing to work additional hours as required.