The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organised, ordered and have the ability to work under their own initiative as well as being able to operate as part of a small team, interpersonal skills are essential. They will be a clear and confident communicator and retain excellent written, verbal and project management skills
The successful candidate will also be an enthusiastic learner, retaining the confidence and desire to develop their own learning and the approach and ethos of the business as a whole.
As part of the induction to the company the successful candidate will be required to undertake an extensive journey of learning through all areas of the business in order to fully understand the niche position of the company, the diverse range of lighting products it retails and the team it works with.
The company prides itself on its level of customer service and unique nature of the items it retails and the successful candidate will reflect all of these qualities.
Responsibilities & duties
1. Sales (Sales Enquiries): Daily
- To be responsible for handling and responding to all telephone and email related sales enquiries.
Work Standard: As and when required during the working day, field enquiries, responding accordingly to the client’s requirements, consistently delivering an exceptional level of customer service.
2. Sales (Product Enquiries): Daily
- To be responsible for responding to all telephone and email related product enquiries.
Work Standard: As and when required during the working day respond accordingly to client product questions and enquires. Develop an in-depth knowledge of the skinflint products to be able respond to any technical product enquiries.
3. Sales (Documentation): Daily
- To generate and issue any sales related documentation in relation to client enquiries and requests.
Work Standard: As and when required during the working day, generate and issue the relevant sales related paperwork in accordance with the client’s requirements, in a timely and accurate manner.
4. Sales (Customer Service): Daily
- To be responsible for resolving any client product issues or complaints.
Work Standard: As and when required during the working day, handle and respond to client feedback, issues and complaints proactively, in an appropriate and professional manner. Identify and communicate issues to the Operations Manager and wider team.
5. Sales (Client Liaison): Daily
- To contact new and existing clients as part of an overall company wide strategy in client engagement, liaison and brand embedment.
Work Standard: During the working week proactively maintain and establish an ongoing relationship with clients, working through an assigned contact list of both existing and new clients.
6. Operations (Dispatch): Daily
- To be responsible for managing and coordinating the fulfilment of all orders on a daily basis.
Work Standard: During the working day, generate all the necessary paperwork and documentation for the day’s dispatches in accordance with the relevant orders and product requirements.
7. Operations (Quality Control): Daily
- To be responsible for the quality control and product selection for all orders on a daily basis.
Work Standard: During the working day, select products and all accessories in accordance with skinflint’s quality control procedure.
8. Operations (Shipping): Daily
- Coordinating the couriers and generating all shipping documentation and labels.
Work Standard: During the working day coordinate and schedule couriers and generate all shipping labels in relation to the day’s dispatch and client requirements.
9. Operations (Export): Daily
- To generate all associated documentation relating to Export shipments.
Work Standard: As and when required provide shipment quotes to clients. Schedule and generate paperwork for International shipments, including Commercial Invoices and any additional paperwork provided by the Chamber of Commerce.
Academic & trades qualifications
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Fluent in all Office programmes. Word, XL, email, web etc.
Work experience & skills
- Previous experience within sales and customer service roles
- Project Management skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Bringer of Ideas
- Employment within an Art / Design environment
- Ability to think creatively
- Organised & Ordered
- Keen eye for detail
- Clear & Confident with communication
- Team Player
- Visually and Design literate
Daily assistance, guidance, support and training will be available from the in house team in order to achieve a competent level of understanding as to the requirements and procedures for the allocated tasks