Overall Purpose of the job
We’re looking for a creative and organised Retail Manager to lead the development of our online shop & on-site shop at our oceanfront office in St. Agnes, Cornwall. It’s a varied role, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of our retail offering, from working with designers on new products to organising a stand at festivals.
This role would suit a creative, numerate and very well-organised individual who is able to work reliably often on their own initiative but wants to be part of a dynamic team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, numeracy and energy are vital.
We’re looking for someone who’s prepared to go that extra bit to get the job done!
What we can offer you
You’ll be working with a great team at one of the UK’s most exciting and innovative marine conservation charities. We work hard but it’s a friendly and relaxing office environment. We’ll make sure you get the training and support to develop your skills and excel in the role.
- Developing the SAS range of clothing & accessories, this includes managing external suppliers for the design, sourcing and manufacturing
- Continue to develop our expanding portfolio of products that give people an alternative to plastics
- Co-ordinate relationships with merchandise designers, suppliers & printers
- Develop & implement a marketing plan to ensure merchandise income targets are met; this will include digital, print & social media
- Ensure we have lifestyle shots to promote our products
- Manage the merchandise income & expenditure budget
- Maintain & update the SAS online shop, ensuring SEO principles are used
- Managing and be the welcoming face of the on-site shop
- Manage the order processing, picking & packing, shipment & stock replenishment
- Work with the Finance Manager to complete quarterly stocktakes, update SAGE and ensure income is recorded correctly
- Work with our Fundraising & Finance administrator to ensure stock levels are correct and recorded online and on SAGE
- Manage the SAS shop at outside events, e.g. Boardmasters Festival
- Customer Service, ensuring all customer queries are dealt with quickly & efficiently
- An ability to be flexible as the organisation requires, you may be required to undertake other areas of work and should be prepared to undertake duties appropriate to the post, as delegated by the Chief Executive;.
- All staff are required to abide by organisational policies and procedures.
- Adopt a positive approach to personal and professional development; engaging in one to one meetings and relevant training.
- To be aware of, and act on, relevant health and safety responsibilities as an employee of SURFERS AGAINST SEWAGE and adhere to these wherever you are working.
- To maintain confidentiality in all areas of work at SURFERS AGAINST SEWAGE.
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the post as requested by your line manager or any other member of the SURFERS AGAINST SEWAGE team.