You will have responsibility for ensuring the successful operation of all front of house and bar operations within our new restaurant, Coast and sea-front pop-up container bar. During the peak season, this will involve managing and motivating the large front of house team and during quieter times of year, this will involve running the restaurant and bar on your own.
You will supervise the front of house to ensure customer service exceeds the levels expected by our guests. This will include the drinks service at the bar, ensuring efficient customer food ordering, maintaining food service from the kitchen to and from tables, maintaining levels of cleanliness and table readiness throughout the restaurant and supervising the under 7’s soft play area. Teamwork and flexibility will be essential to your role, including the close and continual co-ordination with the head chef and kitchen team.
Your role will include keeping up-to-date on bar industry trends, identifying popular new drinks that inspire guests to return time and again to Coast during their holiday at Beachside. You will need to be confident in motivating your team to ensure they maintain familiarity with menu items, specials, and other restaurant information.
You will order drink and bar supplies from wholesalers/suppliers approved by the company and monitor inventory to always ensure correct stock levels. You will verify that storage is consistently well-managed and keep detailed records and procedures to improve waste reduction and manage budgets.
You will ensure that the bar and storage areas are always cleaned in accordance with hygiene, health & safety and COSHH regulations. Part of this role will include developing and maintaining company standards and procedures to achieve this.
Your role will include the preparation of staff rotas (in conjunction with the management team) and planning work to ensure the correct staff resources are in place in line with demand. You will also be required to assist in the recruitment and training of the seasonal front of house team.
At the beginning of the season, and as required throughout the season, you will be required to review and develop the drinks menu and advise on pricing. In conjunction with the management team, you will organise and co-ordinate appropriate live entertainment for peak school holiday weeks. You will also be required to develop menu options and pricing for events in conjunction with the head chef. This position offers the unique and exiting chance to develop and shape the successful operation of a new restaurant.
This job is an opportunity to work hands-on in a lively environment, meeting a wide variety of customers, ensuring they enjoy their well-earned holiday, therefore excellent customer service and inter-personal skills are required. You will be required to respond to and resolve any customer experience problems. You must be able to take direction and work in close conjunction with Beachside’s management team. This role will include working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role will be on an annualised hours contract, so the weekly hours will vary depending on the time of year and demands of the job role. This could vary between 15 hours per week during the winter and 55 hours per week during the summer, reflecting the seasonal nature of the business. Flexibility is therefore important for us during the open season, and in return we can offer flexibility during the winter. Reliability is very important to us, so commitment to work for the entire season is essential. Training will be given and all applications will be treated in confidence.
- Must have significant supervisory experience in restaurant/café/bar/barista service
- Food Safety and Hygiene certificate level 2 (level 3 will be provided if not held)
- Knowledge of purchasing, stock control, rotation, costing and waste reduction procedures
- Extensive food and wine knowledge and creativity to support the menu
- Leadership/supervisory experience required, be able to work efficiently, have physical stamina, creative flair and flexibility
- Strong communication, organisational skills, leadership skills with a strong team ethos
- Must be enthusiastic and outgoing, have excellent customer communication skills and be confident in dealing with staff and customers face-to-face
- Proven experience working safely within Health & Safety guidelines and must be confident in enforcing all legal and company rules relating to Food Hygiene, Health & Safety at Work and COSHH
- Be confident in carrying out cash and card transactions accurately and cash reporting on a daily basis
- Self-motivated, with excellent time management and proven ability to deal with problems under pressure
- Be able to provide a positive outcome to poor customer experiences
- Ability to work with initiative on your own and as part of a team, with accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Relevant qualification in hospitality or customer service
- Food Safety and Hygiene certificate level 3
- Relevant qualification in cellar management
- Hold a personal licence and/or SIA qualification
- Experience in events management
- Relevant Health & Safety / COSHH / First Aid at Work qualification
- Full UK driving licence
This Job Description sets out current duties of the post that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Find out more about Beachside Holiday Park by clicking here