As the company continues its exciting period of expansion, a new role has been created within the growing Product Development and Refurbishment department. We need someone who is really hands on and who would like to work on fun practical projects refurbishing the lights and helping out with orders and returns in and around our workshop.
Our ideal person:
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organised, methodical and have the ability to work under their own initiative as well as being able to operate as part of a small team. Good interpersonal skills are therefore essential as well as being a clear and confident communicator.
The successful candidate will also be an enthusiastic learner, retaining the confidence and desire to develop their own learning and the approach and ethos of the business as a whole.
The role may require working away from Cornwall within other parts of the UK as and when required, so candidates will need to be able to travel.
As part of the induction to the company the successful candidate will be required to undertake an extensive journey of learning through all areas of the business in order to fully understand the niche position of the company, the diverse range of lighting products it retails and the team it works with.
- Be directly involved with the daily operations of the workshop including the cleaning, washing and assembly of the refurbished products for photography and sale through the online retail store.
- Liaise with the Product Development Manager to ascertain the weekly production schedule and associated tasks
- As and when required undertake the collection of all composite product elements from local suppliers and the external warehousing facility along with the collection of any newly procured product or product components from various locations around the UK.
- Undertake the picking, preparation, packing and labelling of products for dispatch
- Oversee the delivery of any component orders and undertake their associated storage to the relevant location.
- Oversee the delivery of any Product Returns and prepare the items for stock repatriation.
- Ensure all Product Returns and Stock Component deliveries have been checked in accordance with the internal procedures
- To undertake the fortnightly production and packaging of Installation kits and component stock check
- Assemble installation kits and maintain associated stock levels
- Undertake the painting and decoration of the company’s photography sets and associated preparatory tasks ahead of product photo-shoots.
- Computer literate (to include Microsoft office applications Word, Excel)
- Experience of working in a team
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience within a design environment or appreciation of design
- Experience in physical work/manual handling
- Driving licence (to enable you to collect components and products off site)
- Electrical knowledge
- A background in lighting
- Previous employment within a design environment
- Passion for interiors and great design
- Degree level education