Block combine a love of creativity and colour to create beautiful objects that empower and inspire.
We are a passionate team who work both independently and collaboratively. You’ll be responsible for managing and developing new and existing products. Providing regular input to sales and marketing to develop and promote saleable products.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Research new products
- Initiate product development
- Work with the Business Owner to achieve the agreed product targets
- Work independently and colloaboratively on product ideas
- Take product concepts through the development stage, responsible for all product drawings and any CAD required
- Work with suppliers to obtain quotes and ensure the product is made to our standards.
- Undertake administration tasks as required by the role, to ensure successful management of products.
- Support the team with general administration duties as required
Qualifications: to degree or equivalent, not necessarily any specific discipline
Experience: Previous design experience would be beneficial, customer service and business experience would be beneficial.
Knowledge & skills: A good knowledgs of the Adobe suite is essential, CAD experience is also required. Excellent communication skills at all levels, both written and spoken; good organisational skills and ability to manage own time well. Excellent IT skills (Word & Excel) and a good eye for detail.
Personal attributes: ability to work as fully contributing member of team whilst at the same time being self-motivating and self-reliant.
Special conditions: the post holder will be office based but will be required to attend UK and international trade shows (4 – 5 a year)