This role is part funded through the Digital Transformation project which is supported by an investment from the European Regional Development Fund until 2023. The project is managed by Cornwall College, delivered by Unlocking Potential in partnership with Software Cornwall. It will deliver business support to digital and non-digital SMEs in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, helping them to achieve their growth potential. The primary purpose of this project is to support digital SMEs to grow their business and increase their market reach and non-digital businesses to implement digital technologies to improve their productivity.
http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gp8a_mfVEvI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Delivering our ERDF funded business support services relies heavily on making sure we are able to get the right people with the best knowledge, skills and experience in front of our businesses and graduates to help them to develop. This involves procuring a wide range of services including mentoring, workshop delivery and keynote speakers through a dedicated dynamic purchasing system to endure we are compliant with the needs of our funders. With over £500k of procurements required we need a procurement expert to help put in place processes, procedures and undertake the operational activity for our team of internal staff as well as supporting clients with their procurement requirements. Supporting businesses through digital transformation projects will also involve upskilling them in procurement practises so the role will be there to help to train them and guide them through to achieve the best outcomes.
Applicants must have:
- A relevant Degree or equivalent.
- Experience of working within public sector procurement.
- Experience of flexible procurement methodologies and mindset to ensure the success of digital projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Agile methodologies for project scoping and planning to help facilitate the management of successful Digital Transformation projects.
- Data and information management.
- Experience of setting up, implementing and managing robust administrative procedures to support needs of the team, auditors and funders.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word /Excel /Outlook/ PowerPoint/ Microsoft Dynamics/MS SharePoint and MS Teams, MS Planner or Trello
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations and run workshops
- Strong business and commercial awareness
- Partner and stakeholder management experience
The post holder will be based at Cornwall College, Camborne. This position is initially fixed term until October 2021 with a strong likelihood of extension thereafter