Our design team at Seasalt are inspired by our Cornish coastal and creative heritage to create unique, useful and beautiful clothing and homeware.
We aim to continually excite our customers and so you will work closely with the product team to create profitable products which achieve this and that reinforce Seasalt values and brand handwriting.
Key responsibilities include;
- Assist designers in the development of a range of products which maximise profitability and sales
- Design and develop seasonal print artworks in line with seasonal print brief, working closely with Senior Print Designer.
- Adhere strictly to agreed critical paths and timetable agreed by Design Director.
- Assist in creation of seasonal print direction boards.
- Create artwork files for seasonal prints and communicate these accurately to suppliers.
- Request strike-offs from suppliers in line with seasonal critical path, and communicate to Buying team for progress chasing.
- Maintain and update all print artworks within seasonal files
- Maintain and update all print information on PLM as directed by the Senior Print Designer.
- Manage submitted strike-offs and assist with completion of necessary print comments as directed by Senior Print Designer and communicate these to suppliers.
- Update print boards at each stage of development process and sign off.
- Prepare CAD swatches for Designers to ‘drop’ into allocated products.
- Collate all print comments after SMS review and communicate these to suppliers and technologists.
- Assemble Courier packages for Print Artwork packs as required.
- Assist in preparation and presentation of print boards for seasonal range reviews.
What we’re looking for
You’ll have a strong print portfolio developed through extensive experience within industry and a Textiles or print related degree. With a good understanding of the Seasalt aesthetic, you’ll have strong handdrawing skills and a good eye for detail and colour. Technically, you’ll be a competent user of Adobe Illustrator and also ideally Photoshop.
Good organisation and time management skills are essential, as is the ability to use your initiative and work well at a fast pace and under pressure. You’ll also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable presenting to others and be an enthusiastic team player.