Purpose of Role/Job Summary
To undertake project work and oversee technical performance, including engineering, design review and analysis in support of the company’s Island Utility Platform’s wastewater process. The job may require work at the company’s site offices, also at client or subcontractor premises and to undertake occasional business trips to offshore vessels and shipyards.
Balaena is working towards ISO accreditation for quality assurance and all works are undertaken in accordance with the Balaena Limited Business Management System (Quality Manual)
Reporting and Key Relationships
- Reports to: Technical Director for day-to-day project work.
- Reports to: COO who will oversee technical performance and all professional matters including continuous professional development.
- Ability to understand, supervise, distribute and use data and project experience to analyse risk and develop solutions within governance guidelines.
- Be able to prepare specifications for wastewater treatment systems along with preparing specifications for modifications and conversion work.
- Undertake wastewater calculations, mass balance and by-product volume design calculations to support specifications using specific location criteria.
- Undertake process design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
- Review and approve wastewater system design proposals for equipment installations by 3rd party design consultants.
- To ensure that all proposed works to be carried out onboard platforms which fall within the remit of the process engineer are carried out to best industry and statutory standards in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Provide reports for the Technical Director including action plans to recover adverse vacancies and risks through the build and commissioning phases.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager and the Operational Support team to optimise the planning and implementation of asset repair and improvement works.
- Ensure process team adhere to the schedules, business rules and procedures, verifying that all work is carried out in accordance with Company Quality Control procedures.
- Ensure “Project Diaries” are kept fully updated so key decisions can be made.
- Commissioning support and the production of commissioning plans.
- The active promotion of the company safety culture through example and management of people.
- Ensure that all operations are carried out in accordance with the company management system, policy objectives and statutory and contractual requirements.
- Act as a Mentor to Graduate trainees.
- Any other duties as required from time to time by senior management.
Experience (minimum required):
- Comprehensive experience in an engineering project role within wastewater processing environment enabling effective technical solutions for our clients’ problems to be developed and the ability to formulate the methods to be used for wastewater issues.
- Experience of conceptual design of wastewater systems and layout, working to a budget with financial awareness and the ability to balance the resources available to deliver results.
- Detailed knowledge of Mechanical Systems, Design Codes, Technical Standards, Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Innovative thinking about problems and generating new solutions that will result in improved results.
- A solid knowledge of wastewater recovery and treatment operations with effective knowledge of sludge incineration/ sludge pyrolysis / energy recovery and the ability to provide technical support on projects from enquiry stage to completion.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word etc.
- Experience of complex projects.
- Operational experience of wastewater treatment plants
- Experience with broad range of wastewater energy recovery methods.
- Knowledge of Marine Classification Society Rules and Regulations
BEng (Hons), BSc degree or Meng in relevant engineering degree OR by experience
Competencies and Behaviours
- Attention to detail: Total task accomplishment through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
- Versatility: Ability and willingness to take on tasks outside of immediate field of experience
- Planning & Organising: Ability to establish efficiently an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal.
- Delegation: Effective allocation of decision making and other responsibilities to the appropriate person, inside or outside the team.
- Leadership: Motivates, enables and inspires others to succeed, utilising appropriate styles. Has a clear vision of what is required and acts as a positive role model.
- Problem analysis: Effectiveness in identifying problems, seeking pertinent data, recognising important information and identifying possible causes of problems.
- Persuasive Oral Communications: Ability to express ideas or facts in a clear and persuasive manner, convincing others to own expressed point of view.
- Written Communications: Ability to express ideas clearly in writing, in good grammatical form, in such a way as to be clearly understood.
- Quality Standards: Setting of high goals or standards of performance for self, others and the Company. Dissatisfied with average performance.
- Customer Service: Exceeding Client expectations by displaying a total commitment to identifying and providing solutions of the highest possible standards aimed at addressing client needs.