Purpose of post:
- The day to day management of the setting, including staff management, marketing and administration
- To oversee a successful, high quality childcare provision, ensuring that standards are met and children receive excellent quality care and education.
- Supervision of and support to the other personnel within the setting therefore implementing high standards of quality practices.
- High standards of care and education of the children
- Staff management, team building and development
- Business development, marketing and effective business administration.
Responsible to The Committee Chairperson
Hours of work:
- 30 hours per week over 4 to 5 days per week term time
- Flexibility to attend evening meetings and some additional hours during school holidays.
Staff management, team building and development;
- To recruit, induct, supervise and appraise all setting staff as appropriate, and in accordance with the settings policies, procedures and standards
- To ensure all staff and volunteers are fully aware of the Safeuarding and Child Protection policies and procedures, including the ‘whistle blowing’ and allegations management policy and process.
- To ensure that all staff working in the setting are carefully referenced and DBS checked prior to commencing employment.
- To update and maintain setting policies and procedures as needed, ensuring that documents are easily accessible.
- To coordinate/chair staff meetings as appropriate, including preparation of agendas, training and planning sessions, with minutes.
- To manage staff levels within the setting to comply with required ratios, including planning and organization of staffing schedules and rotas.
- To actively promote and facilitate relevant staff training and development opportunities.
- Maintain staff awareness of key practices within the setting, e.g. health and safety, food hygiene, administering first aid, fire drill procedures, in accordance with the code of practice.
Business Development and Effective Business Administration;
- To actively promote the setting to ensure that vacant places are filled, and its service are marketed and advertised as necessary to ensure the setting runs to its full capacity.
- Be aware of and act in accordance with current legislation, policy and procedures.
- Being responsible for creating registers and for the management of fees and funding.
- Being responsible for the application and amendment of funding, liaising with the funding department from the local authority as necessary.
- Being responsible for all administrative duties associated with the management of the setting. To produce and distribute monthly fee invoices and record and monitor payments received.
- To liaise closely with the Treasurer to order resources and payment of all statements and invoices as received.
- To manage the development and implementation of systems to monitor and record child development.
- To promote the aims and objectives of the setting
- To promote the high standards of the setting at all times to parents/carers, staff and visitors.
- To record monthly accounts and liaise with the Treasurer.
- To complete a budget spreadsheet for each year, monitor monthly and liaise with the Treasurer.
- To liaise with the Deputy Manager in showing parents/carers around the setting and sending out information.
High Standards of Care and Education of the Children;
- To ensure staff comply at all times to the settings policies, procedures and standards including health and safety, hygiene, inclusion, confidentiality etc.
- Liaise with parents/carers, other family members and staff to help ensure that the particular needs of children are met and that parental choice is considered in terms of care given.
- To plan and implement appropriate objectives and policy for the setting.
- To ensure that a high standard of quality care and education is provided at all times.
- To lead a team of professional workers and to ensure good practice at all times.
- To manage the quality of resources within the setting, including maintenance of materials and equipment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communications links with the Local Authority and other professional bodies associated with the setting.
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring that all staff and volunteers observe the seetings policies and procedures to keep children safe from harm.
- Working in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- Working in partnership with the committee members ensuring they are up to date with the day to day running of the setting.
- Attend committee meetings.
- Oversee the efficient upkeep of the building, furnishings and fittings.
- Coordinating with appropriate agencies regarding student/trainee placements and supervising accordingly.
- To liaise with outside agencies as required.
- In conjunction with the committee ensure the efficient upkeep of the building and maintenance/stock of equipment, furnishings and fittings.
This job description works alongside those of all other staff. The manager’s responsibility is to ensure that the staff team is working to their full potential.
This post requires an Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references prior to commencement of employment.
We acknowledge the depth of skills required for this position and as a result the induction period will be 14 weeks (summer term 2020) working alongside the outgoing manager who will coordinate the extensive induction/training and support to ensure the new manager is fully confident to take over the role in full from September 2020.