You’ll be working with a fantastic group of tourism, food and drink, property, interiors and events clients, as part of a friendly and supportive team at our office near Wadebridge, north Cornwall.
This role is perfect for somebody looking for their first marketing job. Previous experience in public relations, SEO, digital content marketing, or journalism is advantageous, but not essential. What is key is a genuine enthusiasm for a career in marketing, and an interest in our specialist sectors.
About the role
Your primary responsibility will be to support the team in the planning, delivery and reporting of campaigns for our client accounts. Work will include public relations, email marketing, SEO, content creation and social media.
Strong writing skills are vital: you will research and draft a wide range of content, from blog posts and press releases to website landing pages, email marketing copy and social media updates.
In addition you will research and prepare reports, and have responsibility for the accurate logging and reporting of media coverage and digital marketing campaigns.
There is clear career progression available within the agency and plenty of opportunities for the right candidate to develop new skills and experience.
- Assist the team with client campaign planning, execution and monitoring.
- Logging media coverage.
- Preparation of client reports.
- Monitoring journalist request services.
- Researching media contacts and maintaining databases.
- Media liaison with journalists working in travel, food and drink, events, property and interiors.
- Creating content for social media and digital marketing campaigns.
- Research and draft copy for a wide range of applications.
- Carry out research for existing projects.
- Research and prepare project documentation, presentations, analysis and reports.
- Educated to degree level with a strong academic record.
- Excellent writing skills. Flawless spelling and punctuation.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the food & drink, property and tourism industries.
- Attention to detail.
- Be able to travel independently around Cornwall.
- Creating content for websites, email campaigns and social media.
- Public relations, digital content marketing, SEO, or journalism.
- Using Wordpress CMS, Campaign Monitor, and databases.
- Using Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign.
- Using video editing software.
- Using analytics packages.
- Photography and image editing.
- An understanding of SEO, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console.
Senior management team.