You’ll be working with a fantastic group of tourism, food and drink, property, interiors and events clients, based at our office near Wadebridge, north Cornwall.
The role would suit a graduate looking for their first marketing role; or someone currently working in marketing or journalism and looking to find a new and exciting challenge with one of the region’s leading agencies.
About the role
Your primary responsibility will be to support the team in the planning, delivery and reporting of campaigns for our client accounts. Work will include public relations, email marketing, content creation and social media.
Strong writing skills are key: you will research and draft a wide range of content, from blog posts and press releases to website landing pages, email marketing copy and social media updates.
In addition you will research and prepare reports, and have responsibility for the accurate logging and reporting of media coverage and digital marketing campaigns.
There is clear career progression available within the agency and plenty of opportunity for the right candidate to develop new skills and experience.
- Assist the team with client campaign planning, execution and monitoring.
- Media liaison with journalists working in travel, food and drink, events, property and interiors.
- Researching media contacts and maintaining databases.
- Securing features and research-driven media coverage.
- Research and draft copy for a wide range of applications.
- Liaise with clients regularly (responding to briefs, attending meetings, status reporting, information seeking, managing milestones and approvals).
- Carry out research for existing projects.
- Research and prepare project documentation, presentations, analysis and reports.
- Demonstrable interest in public relations, digital content marketing or journalism.
- Educated to degree level with a strong academic record.
- Excellent creative and news writing skills. Flawless spelling and punctuation.
- Comprehensive understanding of and passion for digital and social media.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the food & drink, property and tourism industries.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to travel independently around Cornwall.
- Prior experience working or interning in public relations, digital content marketing or journalism.
- Experience of using Wordpress CMS, Campaign Monitor, and databases.
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Experience of using video editing software.
- Experience of using analytics packages.
- Photography and image editing.
- An understanding of SEO.