Designers - Main Duties:
- Using the Design Brief and incorporating the safety standards EN1176 and EN1177, design safe, functional and visually appealing playgrounds, playground surfaces and ‘Playful Landscapes’
- Create compelling and attractive graphic presentations to illustrate the use of space, benefits to the user and fulfilment of the client’s brief
- Produce accurate Installation Plans for on-site use by subcontractors
- Natural Play and Forest School concept design interpretation within design team
- Complete all tasks to deadline targets
- Actively participate in the Design Team’s development of its innovative Play and Learning Product and Landscape concepts
- Occassionally conduct accurate site surveys & take landscape photographs for use in the design process
- The creation of accurate layout plans and technical documentation for our installation team
- The Design Team also produce marketing material, product documents and case studies, so a high standard of graphic presentation skill is essential while maintaining brand continuity and keeping to strict deadlines
We need someone with creative flair, accompanied by the technical ability to design physical spaces. You will need to inspire us by presenting an exciting portfolio of previous work.
It is important that you are experienced in a 3D spatial design software package (ideally Rhino 3D) and Adobe Creative Suite.
An understanding of playground safety standards would be advantageous but not essential as training can be provided.
We are looking for someone with a landscape/spatial design related degree and experience of working in the landscape or related industries.
- Experience and understanding of the requirements of professional Landscape Design or other relevant Spatial Design discipline.
- Degree/HND Computer Aided Spatial/Landscape Design.
- Effective Graphic Design skills and experience.
- An organised approach, effective time management & ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to produce hand-drawn concept sketches.
- Commercial awareness and ability to design within cost parameters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A full working knowledge of EN1176/7 and an understanding of the principles of risk assessment in relation to playground safety. Training will be provided by RoSPA instructors.
- A high level of IT literacy and the ability to adapt to different software packages including Rhino 3D and/or Solidworks and Adobe Creative Suite. Ongoing training is provided.
- A willing and enthusiastic approach to presenting your work to internal and external clients.
You must be organised and able to cope with a challenging workload. Attention to detail is essential as well as having excellent written English and numeracy skills.