You'll help recruit and maintain a happy, healthy, productive and well looked after Frugi workforce, by delivering a comprehensive, efficient and professional generalist HR service to all managers and staff, throughout our organisation.
Reporting to our People Specialist you will play an important part in supporting the business wide HR and recruitment function.
You’ll have knowledge of and a passion for good HR practice and know the value it brings to a business and its people. You’ll be flexible and adaptable, providing enthusiastic support across a wide variety of general HR tasks, as well as providing daily HR support to both staff and managers. With aspirations to develop your career in HR, you’ll work closely with the People Specialist to support and drive the delivery of an excellent HR service.
With an outgoing and helpful nature, you will build a rapport quickly with our people and managers. You’ll balance strong people skills with a commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver personal development, improved productivity and keeping company goals and targets in mind. This is a demanding role; challenging and very rewarding!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, progressive and forward-thinking organisation that really does put people up front and centre in all that we do.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Be highly visible and accessible with in the business, acting as the first point of contact for all employees and resolving 1st line queries in a customer focussed and timely manner.
- Provide basic advice to staff, as required, on our policies and procedures.
- Ensure an open policy to all employees and find ways to make them feel at ease to discuss more sensitive issues.
- Act as a role model; inspire others and project the company values in all that you do.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date HR systems and employee records by preparing, processing, scanning and filing documentation relating to employee changes/issues in a timely manner, while ensuring confidentiality and 100% accuracy at all times.
- Manage all employee administration throughout their lifecycle with the company, including onboarding, amendments to terms and conditions of employment, benefits, reference requests, leaver correspondence and creation and maintenance of employee files.
- Support formal HR meetings, processes or consultations and provide effective minute taking.
- Assist with the administration of any benefit schemes.
- Champion the Healthy Workplace Scheme at Frugi, organising and promoting an engaging program of events and eliciting support and attendance internally.
- Play an active role in the Frugi Fun Committee, assisting with and attending company wide events.
- Assisting with the Performance & Development review process, including communicating with managers and employees, creating letters, filing reviews and collating any changes to details.
- Ensure that relevant probation reviews have been completed for all new staff.
- Administer the recruitment process end to end, including opening a vacancy, preparing documentation, placing adverts, processing applications, liaising with candidates and their representatives, liaising internally with hiring managers, scheduling interviews, closing the vacancy and evaluation.
- Assist with offers of employment and on boarding process, including creating job offer paperwork and completing background checks.
- Assist with development and maintenance of an annual training programme and organise training as required, using both internal and external resources.
- Assist with the measurement of employee satisfaction and identify areas that require improvement.
- Support with projects and employee initiatives to drive and support employee engagement.
- Compile, analyse and present key HR data, for example staff metrics, holiday data, sickness absence, turnover data, providing ad hoc reports as required.
- Continuously evaluate current systems, policies and core HR processes, making recommendations to the People Specialist while ensuring relevance, compliance and managing risk.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of new procedures and systems where required to achieve long term business plans and a smooth HR operation.
- Remain up to date with the changes in relevant employment legislation, procedures and practices.
- Assist the HR team to draft new policies, identifying relevant research, best practice and relevant legislation.
- Assist in the upkeep of the People Book, making updates as required.
- Provide administrative support and undertake individual ad-hoc HR related projects as directed by the People Specialist.
- You’ll be passionate about good HR practice and keen to develop your career in this field.
- Ideally you will have 1+ years experience in a similar HR administration role or will have recently graduated/ received a HR qualification and are looking for an opportunity to put your knowledge into practice.
- You’ll have excellent interpersonal skills, a high level of tact and diplomacy and the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels.
- You’ll have the ability to influence and build effective working relationships across the business.
- With good written and verbal communication skills you’ll be able to communicate to diverse range of people clearly and effectively.
- Being a self starter who is adaptable, flexible and committed, you’ll have the ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload.
- You’ll demonstrate excellent attention to detail, with high levels of numeracy and literacy and maintain high standards, 100% accuracy and absolute confidentiality in all situations.
- You’ll be super organised, methodical, with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining a positive can-do attitude.
- You’ll act with professionalism and integrity.
- Your IT skills will be excellent in Outlook, Excel (advanced level preferred), Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- You’ll also demonstrate a basic employment law knowledge.