The Operations Manager is a new and exciting role for the business and we see it as a key developmental role for both the business and the successful candidate. We want you to help us develop the business and its people further, move us into new and different markets, and as you do so, develop yourself and your own role, with potential for overall park management in the long-term.
*A 3-bedroom bungalow can be provided as part of the role. Salary will be negotiated on the basis of whether accommodation is taken up as well as levels of experience.
The Operations Manager will report to, and work alongside the site owners/directors.
The successful candidate will:
- Play a vital role in delivering an outstanding guest experience, with a keen eye for detail, and desire to exceed guest expectations.
- Bring experience of running/developing Food and Beverage settings to help build new year-round trade in the Stable Bar/Restaurant (functions / weddings in low season).
- Support day to day running of the holiday park, bar and restaurant in the touring season.
- Develop management structures and processes around recruitment, supervision and development of seasonal and permanent staff, and effectively manage the team.
- Ensure optimal data collection and analysis to help inform future strategy.
The work will be varied, and the role will be quite different in the holiday season vs the winter months both in terms of tasks and hours worked.
During the holiday season the operations manager will work c.50 hours a week across 5 days between April and October, including evenings and weekends (variable with needs of business) and:
- Play a vital role in delivering an outstanding guest experience across the site, with a keen eye for detail, and desire to exceed guest expectations.
- Provide strategic direction and senior management for the busy Stable Bar and Restaurant
- Lead the introduction of a structured framework for recruitment, supervision and training of our engaged and hard-working team.
- Promote excellence, by monitoring and ensuring quality across the site and its facilities.
- Provide a visible presence, manage and support the teams across the site.
When the Touring Park is closed the operations manager will work c.35 hours a week (variable with needs of business) and will
- Continue to support excellent customer service for guests booking for the forthcoming touring season, and in our luxury apartments
- Supervise and support maintenance, renovations and new projects.
- Plan and deliver events and functions in The Stable Bar
- Support data analysis and strategy planning for further business development.
Required personal attributes, skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in hospitality / business / tourism.
- Proven experience working in hospitality / tourism sector
- Proven managerial experience
- Proven experience of Food & Beverage management
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage people effectively
- Able to make people smile and motivate a team
- Willing to be hands on, and do what’s needed
- Attention to detail
- Evidence of working very effectively within a team environment
- Ability and desire to work flexibility and to do the best job possible
- Experience of events management
- Experience of implementing a structured framework for people management
- Experience of the touring /holiday park sector
- Cellar management experience
- Personal licence holder
- Familiarity with CRM system(s) and / or data dashboards.