This is a stimulating and varied role, suited to an individual with excellent administration skills. The successful candidate will be part of a small team that will ensure our growing design and manufacturing business operates effectively and efficiently.
This role is pivotal to the growth and smooth running of our business and therefore an exciting opportunity for the right individual.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Managing the production schedule
- Placing orders and managing suppliers
- Managing project costings
- Managing product despatch and delivery with end users
- Managing and monitoring production budgets alongside our in-house book keeper
- Managing inventories for each of our products
- Communicating and sharing information across the in-house team
- Planning for and implementing procedures that will improve the efficiency of our systems
- Preparing for and support trade shows on yearly basis: for example Clerkenwell Design Week and London Design Festival
- Assisting with the showroom presentation; ensuring all samples are maintained in good condition and order.
- Reporting weekly and monthly key performance indicators to the directors
Required Personal skills and qualifications:
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and organise workflow to meet concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently
- High degree of self-motivation
- Ability to sustain effective relationships with suppliers.
- Computer literacy – excellent in Excel and Word
- Exceptional communication and time management
- Strong team worker
- Strong negotiating and communicating skills
- Positive attitude
- Excellent eye for detail and accuracy
- Willing to travel if required to maintain and nurture supplier relationships
- Great initiative and an interest in making improvements.
- A good understanding of our brand values and quality standards
- Experience in a business support role
- Driving licence
- Ability to clearly present numerical and written information
- Ability to motivate and engage wider members of the team
Desirable knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Experience within a manufacturing or design company
- Experience within a small, growing business
- Financial administration experience
- Experience in procurement role
- Experience in producing business reports