We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who can work with a team or teams installing and managing the installation and integration of renewable energy systems in domestic or commercial properties including:
- Solar thermal
- Wood fired boilers
- Solar photovoltaic cells
- Ground and air source heat pumps
The successful candidate will also have responsibility for:
- Installation of Energy Efficiency equipment.
- Collaborating with the design team to improve the buildability and practicality of our installations.
- Collaborating across the team to innovate and improve our services.
- Project management, procurement and programming of installation works.
You will also have the opportunity to support the business with other ad hoc tasks e.g. marketing events.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake risk assessments and to ensure that it is safe to work.
- Bring any risks to the attention of the company management and if necessary, halt work until safe to do so.
Preparation & Reporting:
- Ensure all paperwork is available and that it has been reviewed and understood before setting out to site.
- Complete all necessary job sheets, time sheets and other documentation as required.
Installation & Commission:
- Undertake all necessary pre-installation checks.
- Liaise with clients, other trades and third parties as indicated on work instructions.
- Identify any changes to scope and report back to line manager as early as possible.
- Record any changes to scope as agreed by line manager.
- Install equipment in line with company standards and current regulations.
- Complete all post installation and commissioning checks.
Care of equipment:
- Keep in good working order any tools, equipment or vehicles supplied by the company.
- Report any faults, breakages or equipment failures.
Required Personal skills and qualifications:
- Self-driven, proactive and results-oriented with a positive outlook, a clear focus on quality and delivering value.
- Reliable, punctual, with an ability to manage own time effectively.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Experience of leading a small team.
- Practical experience of general plumbing and heating.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding and ideally experience of working to MCS standards.
- Part L Energy Efficiency qualification or knowledge.
- Part P Electrical qualification or knowledge.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Full clean driving licence*.
Desirable knowledge, skills and qualifications
One or more of:
- ACS gas qualification.
- Practical experience or qualification in any renewable energy technology.
- BPEC, Logic or National Occupational Standards qualified in renewable energy technologies.
- OFTEC or HETAS accreditation.
- C&G or NVQ level 2 or 3 in related discipline e.g. plumbing, building services, mechanical engineering.
- Experience in a commercial environment.
- Construction site experience.
- Ability to read drawings and plans.
- Computer literate.
*You will be required to drive company vehicles as part of this role, for which a full, clean license is essential for insurance purposes