Experience is not essential; we will support and invest in the successful candidate to bring them up to speed with the job. More important is that applicants are competent and motivated and able to integrate into our team. The job does not demand that you generate sales, it is more about processing sales orders. However, there is scope to concentrate on sales generation if that is your strength.
To a degree, we can be flexible with the hours worked. Must be Mon-Fri but we can accomodate some flexibility such as leaving early on set days (or starting late) etc.
You’ll be part of our busy office team who deal directly with customers and suppliers. You will interact with customers via e-mail, phone and in person since we have a busy trade counter offering walk-in sales to the general public and local businesses. Your principal role will be to serve customers on the phone and in-person since the customer is at the heart of everything we do. However, your role will also include taking the lead on the procurement of bespoke products, dealing with enquiries, quoting, ensuring correct specification of products, managing stock, liaising with suppliers and customers, completion of supplier SAQ’s, obtaining spec sheets from suppliers, etc.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- Taking orders by telephone and e-mail, and processing these orders. Similarly, dealing with enquires placed by e-mail and phone.
- Serving walk-in customers at the trade counter. This may involve discussing their requirement; suggesting the most suitable product; raising an invoice and taking payment; fetching the goods from the warehouse, or more likely directing the customer to our customer collection point where our warehouse team will serve them.
- Agreeing stock holding terms with customers (of their bespoke product). Ensure the timescales are kept to and communicate with customers appropriately regarding out of terms stock holding.
- Completing SAQ’s as and when necessary.
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain product spec sheets, BRC certificates etc as and when necessary.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
- Excellent customer service abilities including patience and a can-do attitude. Our company succeeds on high quality customer service so your ability to interact appropriately with our customers is paramount.
- Confident and capable with computers including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems if not already familiar with Sage.
- Ability to quickly learn product knowledge. Our product range is vast! We operate across industrial, retail and foodservice packaging sectors so you will need to be able to quickly gain a good knowledge base of our offerings.
- Ability to fit into a small but busy team. You will undoubtedly have a sense of humour.
- You will be fully supported in learning about the products, systems, customers and company.