We have an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified Occupational Therapist to join our Penryn Team. The role is a full-time position, but we would consider part-time hours for the right applicant. This is a permanent position.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will be using standardised assessments, clinical observations with a focus on function and enabling independence, including treatment of children and young people with global developmental delay, ASD, Cerebral Palsy, and DCD (not exhaustive).
Your role will be undertaking the following duties on a day-to-day basis:
- Performing face to face and virtual assessments in-clinic
- Identifying the child’s functional and occupational needs
- Establish child/family led goals.
- Providing therapy sessions with children and their families
- Liaising with family, other professionals, schools or other services involved.
- Documenting and communicating with the child family and other professionals.
- Potential for working in mainstream and special provision schools.
You will need:
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent Occupational therapy degree or due to qualify this year.
- Some knowledge and awareness of sensory integration theory.
- No previous experience within paediatrics’ is required, although having practice placement in paediatrics is desirable.
- Exceptional communication skills when dealing with families and other professionals.
- Good report writing skills.
- A flexible, personable, and approachable manner
- A passion for supporting children and young people with complex needs.
- A willingness to learn and expand your knowledge and skillset within a supportive team environment.
This role would be ideal for recent graduates or newly qualified Occupational Therapists. You will be offered post-graduate training opportunities, alongside a mentoring programme to grow your knowledge, skills and confidence in the field.