What We Want
We are looking for a multi-disciplinary designer who has the ability and inclination to work on a variety of digital projects. The successful candidate should be able to work within established brand guidelines, adapting to alternate tones and finding appropriate opportunities to add value through their work on websites, content creation, email marketing and more. The successful candidate should also have a strong understanding and passion for website design, UI/UX design, long term project development and phase development of complex content management systems. We are looking for creative individual who brings ingenuity, passion and a can-do attitude to the team, someone who has a strong sense of creative application and can master all things digital.
You will be a part of the creative team collaborating which currently includes developers, designers and content creators and producers to create innovative projects at international standard. You should have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your previous work, this can include personal projects but would ideally showcase your role and skill set working within a creative team. You are a creative technical thinker, with the desire to feedback into the ideation process of a project and openly share your ideas with all of your stakeholders. The most important thing we are looking for is passion, passion to carry on smashing it with what you do know and learn the things you might know.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Strong digital design skills working on web based projects including but not limited to websites, email marketing campaigns, asset creation.
- An interest in UI/UX design with a firm understanding of basic principles
- An intrinsic motivation fueling their own learning and development
- An understanding of RWD principles, and experience creating cohesive layouts with this in mind.
- Proven ability to work to a brief
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, working with a varied team of specialists
- Passion for design
- Experience working on interactive, web based projects to a brief
- Proficient in Adobe CC
- Basic understanding modern web application workflow tools and build processes
- Ability to take ownership of quality of creative results and present our creative outcome
- Collaborative and creative problem solving skills
- Strong team player, ability to collaborate and communicate closely with designers and back-end developers.
- Knowledge of collaboration on projects
- Ability to self-manage and work within deadlines
- Excitement and curiosity about learning new technologies as well as sharing of ideas and collaborating
- Ability to work in a team but also take the lead on a project from idea to deployment
- Experience working with HTML/CSS
- Understanding of front-end frameworks, specifically Bootstrap
- Previous experience working in the digital sector
- A passion for music
- A strong work history in successfully collaborating on complex content, design and development projects working across multiple teams both internally and externally
- Strong interest in typography
- Experience working with wordpress
- Experience working within the design industry
Job responsibilities include
- Working positively to tight deadlines with an open mind and flexible approach.
- Brand development
- Communicating project status and design intention with team members and project members
- Working seamlessly with style guides and the developing tone of RouteNote and it’s other projects, whilst continuing to create innovative designs and develop new directions appropriately.
- Working within brand guidelines to create high quality assets, imagery, designs and experiences
- Creating cohesive layouts for websites demonstrating an understanding of RWD, UI and information architecture.
- Creative complex functional pages for cross-functional platforms and content management systems.
- Working with HTML email templates to product email campaigns.
- Assistance in the development of well-executed design concepts, the creation of wireframes, mock-ups and brand development.
- Working collaboratively within design team and under lead design to support the development of RouteNote and other brands (this includes site maintenance, website page re-design, creating new designs to serve specific functions, email markerting, digital illustration and typography design.)