Midweight Designer - Graphic and Digital / UI
Vitamin Cornwall is a progressive creative studio that helps ambitious companies build remarkable things.
We are a passionate team that believes in building products with heart. We have the utmost commitment to what we do and the value we bring to our work. We are seeking someone who will thrive being a part of a highly driven team that has a transformational impact on our clients, and fits our culture and beliefs.
We are looking for someone to push to the edge of what's possible in brand and UI design.
Your responsibilities will be far reaching as you immerse yourself within the workings of the Vitamin studio. These will include:
- Living design and innovation
- Playing nicely with others
- Developing concepts alongside our Creative Director
- Producing brand assets from guidelines & from scratch
- Working with our team to design detailed UX solutions (not restricted to digital)
- Working within the team to create complex UIs (app, mobile, tablet and desktop)
- You have to be self driven and very organised
We are currently all based at home, but we’re looking for a new studio (post-Covid) and would expect you to be in our Cornwall studio space with us for at least part of the week. Your portfolio, relevant experience and interview will be the clincher and will demonstrate to us whether you are right for Vitamin and vice-versa. You must have at least 3 years commercial experience - this could be agency, in-house or freelance.
*OK, WHY WORK WITH US?*
There is no such thing as a typical project at Vitamin. We pride ourselves in working with diverse industries, clients and a range of exciting companies, all helping to embed new ideas and approaches in each project. We work hard and are hugely passionate about building relationships and working not just on a digital project to benefit the end user, but also developing our partners’ business with them, of which we can truly be proud. Producing outstanding work and delivering on great outputs is key to our existence.
This is a great opportunity to become involved with an established company (30 years and counting) that is growing into a number of different avenues (ask us about this face to face). We want you to own your work, be proud of what you do and get excited about it. We have a number of large projects coming into 2021 and want to get you in at the deep end, getting your hands dirty with fun fast paced work.
At Vitamin, you can never dream too big, and we value the people we choose to work with. We are not into micro-managing; you already have character, drive, ethics, attentiveness, and hold yourself accountable for the level of work you do. Our environment will support, grow and lift you to new heights and together we will create incredible and award winning work.
- 'Star of the month' award – a meal in a restaurant (when they are open) or other voucher for an outstanding member of staff in each team
- Personal training budget for professional development
- Truly flexible work forever
- Brand new mac
- Agency closes between Christmas and new year
- Company pension
- 2 holidays a year (when permitted) including Skiing
- Loads of team activities
- Vitamin Circus every 3 months
- Working with the best people
- Proven/ demonstrable commercial experience’
- A strong portfolio of prior paid work (not concept work)
- Digital design experience (UX / UI)
- Knowledge of typography and layout structures
- Knowledge of responsive design and grid structures
- Organisational skills, high attention to detail and efficiency, including time management
- Ability to think laterally and a desire to break the mould
- Excellent CC knowledge (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign a must)
- Excellent technical design skills (preparing print ready AW, across a variety of different formats)
- A confident knowledge of Sketch / InVision / Figma
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge (not for execution but for understanding of the design to development process)
- Previous agency experience