As Marketing Coordinator for skinflint you will have proven and demonstrable experience in both a B2B and B2C environment, particularly delivering engaging campaigns bringing unique and sustainable products like our restored vintage lights to market. Your role will see you involved in all aspects of marketing, from content creation, to coordinating photoshoots and building relationships with journalists. You’ll be collaborating with the wider marketing, management and sales teams, driving sales and overall customer loyalty.
You’ll be a clear and confident communicator with excellent written, verbal and project management skills. You’ll be self-motivated, organised, ordered, with the ability to work under your own initiative as well as collaborating with a small team, so interpersonal skills are essential. You’ll also be an enthusiastic learner, retaining the confidence and desire to develop your own learning, as well as the wider ethos of the business.
As part of your induction, you’ll undertake an extensive journey of learning through all areas of the business to fully understand the niche position of the company, the diverse range of lighting products we refurbish, and the team we work with.
We pride ourselves on our high level of customer service and the exclusive nature of the items we retail, and the successful candidate will reflect all of these qualities.
This full-time role is based in our wharfside warehouse studio overlooking the estuary near Falmouth. It is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and work alongside an ambitious, passionate team focused on sustainable business and doing things differently.
Responsibilities & duties
- Collaborate with the wider marketing team to follow, action and develop the company’s strategic marketing plan according to the marketing calendar, encompassing both short and long-term projects.
- Coordinate and deliver compelling campaigns for both the UK and internationally to take our clients on a journey to inspire, educate, purchase, and become advocates of the skinflint brand.
- Consult and coordinate the delivery of our annual product launch schedule.
- Coordinate all phone and email-related enquiries from the press, liaising with journalists and industry influencers on a proactive and reactive basis, with the view of building one-to-one relationships and securing coverage in high-profile titles.
- Coordinate, write and proofread creative copy, imagery, video and graphics across multiple channels ensuring the company’s tone of voice is consistent throughout.
- Brief creative work with external copywriters, graphic designers, photographers, stylists etc as and when required.
- Manage the uploading of consistent, high-quality, on-brand engaging content to all areas of the company’s website.
- Manage and oversee the planning, creation and delivery of the company’s social media campaigns and advertising.
- Coordinate the planning, creation and delivery of regular engaging email marketing campaigns.
- Develop, monitor and maintain the brand’s SEO ranking, working with external agencies as and when required to optimise the company’s website and PPC campaigns.
- Use data insight from monthly sales meetings, Google Analytics, Campaign Monitor and other channels to monitor, report on and shape marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate the company’s activity with third-party online retailers and e-marketing platforms.
- Coordinate and help to organise tradeshows and events, product displays and associated marketing collateral with a focus on ROI.
- Coordinate and develop the company’s strategy for prop hire across TV, film and events, growing brand presence, and ultimately product hires and sales in this highly targeted niche market.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop and extend the brand’s overall global reach through strategically targeted marketing campaigns within key countries of export and new markets.
- In accordance with skinflint’s evolving sales and client liaison strategy, develop and maintain a close working relationship with existing key and new clients.
- Travel to meetings and occasionally work unsociable hours including weekends and evenings when necessary. For example, trade events and key client/agency meetings.
- As working as part of a small and dynamic team would be happy to take on other responsibilities as and when necessary.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, pension contribution (with ethical funding options) and 30 days holiday per year.
- A relaxed yet professional place to work in a beautiful studio location in Cornwall overlooking the estuary.
- Flexible working hours and WFH days.
- Excellent career prospects with the chance to grow with the team and individually as the business expands.
- A wide range of employee benefits including quarterly company away days, volunteering time, and more.
What you offer
- Proven and demonstrable marketing experience, particularly in content writing and bringing new products to market.
- Previous sales and/or customer service experience.
- BA Hons Degree, and English/Maths GCSE at grade C or above.
- Excellent written English with impeccable grammar.
- Experience in website content management systems (CMS), customer relationship management (CMR) software, and email marketing platforms.
- An understanding of SEO, Google Analytics, and Google Advertising.
- Highly competent in all Microsoft Office packages and strong IT skills.
- A clear and confident communicator with a friendly and professional telephone/email manner.
- Be self-motivated, organised and ordered, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage own workload.
- A creative bringer of ideas and ability to think out of the box!
- A team player.
- BA Hons Degree in Marketing or a marketing qualification such as CIM an advantage.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite programmes such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Creative skills including writing, photography and filmmaking.
- Previous experience with a design brand.
- Foreign language.