Role: Events and PR Officer
Reports to: ATI Marketing and Communications Manager
Acceleration Through Innovation 2 (ATI2) is a £3.4 million pound project supported by the European Regional Development Fund. Led by University of Plymouth, ATI2 raises awareness of innovation as a growth tool for business and provides intensive support to those who are ready to innovate.
This role looks to support Event and PR activity for the ATI2 project. Under the direction of the ATI Marketing & Communications Manager, and as a key member of the ATI project team, the post holder will beresponsible for the delivery of a customer focused, cost effective and efficient Event and PR service for theproject. The PR and Events Officer will have an indirect reporting line to the University's Marketing Office through the ATI Marketing Manager in regards to strategic direction and best practice.
The post will have two primary areas of focus. Events; supporting the University and ATI team in the organisation, promotion and delivery of project events to include arranging catering, venues and other facilities, co-ordinating team participation, managing registrations and attending on the day to welcome, host and maintain records. PR; interfacing with external organisations, devising and implementing communication campaigns on behalf of ATI; liaising with clients for the purpose of producing case studies and reports;overseeing media engagement activities such as filming and interviews; drafting of appropriate content for use across multi- channel/platforms. The post will need to learn and ensure compliance with European Regional Development Fund policies and travel across Cornwall in order to deliver these duties.
- Contributes to the delivery of an effective and flexible project marketing service with a particular focus on PR and event activities
- Regular liaison with the Project Manager and ATI Marketing Manager to deliver a robust integratedmarketing service for the project, which supports the University's strategy, maximises impact and ensures co-ordination of marketing and events activities
- Plan, promote and manage, with the support of the ATI team, Innovation Clubs, workshops and conferences; managing arrangements and monitoring associated budgets to ensure successful event management
- Accurately collate, input and maintain data to support marketing, events and reporting requirements
- Interface with customers, partners and stakeholders, communicating changes providing advice and responding to requests in an effective and timely manner
- Oversee or contribute to (messaging, tone of voice, style, content, writing, editing) the production of ATI Literature and external publications as required
- Research, write and distribute project case studies and news releases via bulletins and other editorial/mediaplatforms.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of relevant pages on the ATI and University website.
- Support the ATI Marketing Manager in the co-ordination of PR/media arrangements
- Work with the project team to identify content of interest to project stakeholders
- Prioritise and make task related decisions within designated activities
- Contributes to team work planning to meet the emerging needs of the project
- Ensure all activities undertaken are in compliance with the University’s Safety Policy
- Act in a way that demonstrates the University’s commitment to Equality and Diversity for staff, students and partners
Measures of Success:
- Successful delivery of key priorities and objectives agreed as part of the University’s Performance Development Review
- Helping to ensure that the ATI project brand is well recognised across businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- High levels of awareness and client attendance at events which results in positive customer feedback
- Increased positive media coverage regionally
Knowledge, Education & Training:
- Numeracy and literacy at secondary education level (or equivalent demonstrable experience)
- Educational attainment at further education level (or demonstrable equivalent experience)
- Relevant qualification in public relations/media/communications
- Relevant training in events management and social and traditional marketing disciplines
- Practical Marketing and Events experience
- Working in a similar media environment e.g. newsroom or press office, dealing proactively with the PR activities outlined in the main accountabilities.
- Working in a customer facing setting
- Working as part of a team
- Excellent communication (copywriting, editing and proof reading) and organisational skills
- Proven ability to write clearly (attention to detail) with an understanding of the adaptation of appropriate writing styles for different audiences/channels.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, re–prioritise workload, multitask and work to tight deadlines.
- Event Management skills; from initiation through to delivery and evaluation
- Able to provide a high level of customer service
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of Microsofts suite of products
University of Plymouth Behaviours:
- Demonstrates Self-Leadership
- Develops self and others to deliver
- Leads and operates in times of change and ambiguity
- Builds and secures value from relationships
- Drives innovation and action
- Creates and contributes to a shared vision
- Uses sound business judgement