The ideal candidate will be confident at using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and QGIS. Adapting to alternate tools when required. You must be able to build maps for web and create customised mapping products for our clients. Working with our Project Manager and Junior Illustrator you will provide GIS support on a project basis. You will be encouraged to work from templates, but some self-initiated research will be required.
This is an exciting role for someone willing to learn new techniques and develop their understanding of the capabilities of GIS. It is important to be willing to adapt to changing circumstances and there may be opportunities to travel.
- Experience of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and QGIS
- Knowledge of online mapping services such as Leaflet and MapBox
- Experience of writing code, script and using data in Python, R, MySQL, GeoJSON etc.
- Adaptable to new techniques and methods
- Excellent time management and ability to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent team communication skills
- Ability to work within team to the benefit of the project
- Keen to progress from freelancing or graduate role
- Interested in maps
- Open to new concepts
- Work well within a team
This role is suited to a Junior GIS Engineer with appropriate professional or vocational qualifications who is keen to do things differently, with complex and interesting projects. Experience working with ESRI ArcGIS/QGIS and superb communications skills is a must.