Our new junior filmmaker will be integral in the shooting, editing, managing, preparing and planning of projects as well as helping to think up new ideas and grow the business.
As a junior filmmaker you will be working alongside the rest of the team to plan, manage, shoot and edit engaging and original content for our clients. The role requires a friendly, professional and creative candidate who knows their way around a shoot environment and is competent using Adobe Premiere Pro. Our ideal candidate will have experience shooting and editing social content and/or is a recent graduate in a relevant field. Most importantly, we are looking for someone that shares our values and vision.
- Planning, filming and editing video content for clients.
- Media managing rushes from shoots and organising existing footage.
- Assisting the production team on a day-to-day basis.
- Preparing, charging and organising equipment for shoots.
- Helping to pitch and develop video ideas within the team for our clients.
- Undertaking research and tasks alongside the rest of the team to grow the company.
What kind of person will fit in and their characteristics.
- Previous shooting and editing experience with a good knowledge of Premiere Pro (Knowledge of the rest of the Adobe suite, especially After Effects, is a bonus.)
- Creative and dynamic, with a strong understanding of current trends and social media platforms.
- Comfortable working across multiple projects at once and meeting deadlines.
- Can work as part of a team and collaborate with others.
- A willingness to travel throughout the UK and sometimes beyond.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Driving license is essential
- Likes dogs - our Chief Fetching Officer is a key part of our team!
What a typical day might look like and some of the duties involved
At Bull & Wolf Film Co we usually start the day with a coffee, made by our Creative Director (aka the in-house coffee snob). We discuss the day’s tasks and make sure we’re all clear what is needed and how we can help each other. For our new Junior Filmmaker the day is likely to involve planning future shoots with the Founder or Creative Director, managing content on our systems, responding to feedback on a video project and applying that feedback in the edit, or heading off around Cornwall or the UK to assist in the filming of client work. Our work is varied and fast-paced so there is always a new challenge to tackle.
- We are predominantly looking for people who share our vision and values and will hire based on that and not purely on their current skill set.
- We strongly value candidates who are friendly, professional and creative thinkers.
- Proficiency in the full Adobe Suite and knowledge of a wide range of cameras and filming best practice is an added bonus.
- When not on shoots you will be based at our studio in Falmouth.