The reporting & budgeting team are responsible for producing annual cost budgets, ensuring they are aligned to our planned sales, and reporting on performance against this plan on a monthly basis.
This involves working closely with budget holders across the business, holding regular meetings and discussing spending plans, to produce a monthly pack that keeps the Board up to date. They also conduct annual reviews to understand what is planned for the next year and how Seasalt’s strategic plans will affect this.
As a junior analyst, you will support the team and the wider finance team in all aspects of the business analysis and reporting, budgeting and forecasting and management accounts. You’ll demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills in partnering with budget holders and ensure your tasks are carried out to a high standard and, most importantly, on time.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is AAT qualified or part qualified and interested in developing a career within a finance team within a growing British retailer.
- Provide business analysis and management information
- Respond to business information requests from other members of the team and ad hoc requests as required
- Chair regular meetings with budget holders and work with them to achieve financial plans
- Prepare annual budget/rolling 3 year forecasts
- Collate functional budget information and ensure that it is reflected in the corporate budget system
- Prepare Monthly Reporting Packs
- Prepare monthly journals and other inputs to management accounts
- Run and print reports as required from the finance system and extract relevant information
- Highlight variances and other anomalies
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
What we’re looking for
- AAT part qualified/ qualified
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) to include Maths and English
- Relevant financial work experience or a demonstrable drive to progress a career in Finance
- Solid IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information with colleagues from non-financial backgrounds
- Methodical and logical thinker
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great team player, adaptable and willing to go extra mile when required