The Cool Earth website and CRM is the primary system through which Cool Earth raises income from individuals, and manages contacts.
We’re looking for a skilled candidate to support the development of our current systems and processes to ensure optimal performance and ease of use for our donors. This role will also help support the internal IT infrastructure and ensure that the Cool Earth team have a colleague to turn to when they need help.
Using your interpersonal skills you will provide front line IT support to both the internal and remote teams (Sweden, London, Peru, Papua New Guinea).
Cool Earth has created a stimulating workplace where employees are rewarded for collaborations and creativity. Training is taken seriously and you will see your technical skills and value enhanced.
No agencies please.
Closing Date: 27 January 2019
- Working alongside the IT Administrator in maintaining the live, staging and development sites. This includes
Identifying and fixing issues/bugs.
Ensuring the site is secure by proactively identifying and mitigating risks and keeping software up-to-date.
Development work based upon client specifications.
Documenting code deployed on Cool Earth’s websites (or other internal systems) and for relevant processes and procedures.
- Providing systems support for all of Cool Earth’s internal IT systems.
- Writing instructions and upskilling the team on troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Supporting the remote teams regarding technical issues
- Identifying areas where internal IT systems and their related procedures and processes can be improved.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Experience of managing servers in a systems administration capacity.
- Experience of integrating systems via API’s (REST, SOAP, etc.) and troubleshooting existing integrations.
- Proven experience of diagnosing and trouble shooting
- Strong customer service ethos Passion and enthusiasm for Cool Earth’s ethos and aims
- Good verbal and written skills
Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Experience supporting and developing a CiviCRM database.
- Experience supporting and developing a Wordpress site.
- Experience supporting a Seafile filesystem.
- Knowledge of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce applications.
- Experience of providing specialist and technical advice and support to non-technical team members.
- Proven ability and motivation to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to speak other languages, e.g. French, Spanish Experience working for a charity