You will work as a middle weight interior designer for Hart Miller Design in the delivery of all interiors projects. This will involve the creation of projects from outset to completion ranging from commercial offices through to boutique hotels.
Working closely with the Directors, Anna and John, you will be proficient working through all stages of the design process from space planning, concept design, design development through to delivery of design packages for project implementation.
This is a really exciting opportunity for the right individual to be part of a growing design and manufacturing business based in Cornwall.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Define and develop creative design solutions with clients.
- Deliver projects from concept to completion with a particular focus on sourcing finishes, materials and furniture for each project.
- Present and communicate ideas clearly with excellent attention to detail through layout drawings, elevations and three dimensional sketches both internally to the wider team and to client.
- Produce and manage with excellent attention to detail costing schedules and project timelines to allow the wider team to deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Produce sample and mood boards for presentations.
- Liaise with suppliers to achieve best product pricing on a project by project basis and maintain up to date records of all purchasing, procurement and invoicing on a project by project basis.
- Prepare design intent and design development drawing packages in the form of 2D CAD drawings; including material specification.
- Maintain a complete and searchable filing system for all drawings, presentations and production information.
Personal skills and qualifications:
- Experience within in a design company
- Degree level qualification in a relevant design related degree
- Computer literacy – excellent in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop, Powerpoint, Excel and Word. Experience with InDesign and Illustrator would be beneficial.
- Able to work independently within a small, growing business whilst managing your time and demonstrating initiative.
- Excellent eye for detail and accuracy and an interest in making improvements.
- High degree of self-motivation, goal oriented and willingness to listen and learn.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and organise workflow to meet concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, including ability to clearly present numerical and written information.
- Working in an effective team, assisting and supporting team members.
- Administration and project management experience would also be beneficial.
- Willing to travel if required to maintain and nurture client relationships, for this reason, access to your own vehicle is essential.
- A good understanding of our brand values and quality standards.