Frugi are looking for an experienced HR professional to join our Head Office team in Helston, Cornwall. Reporting to our Head of People & Culture you will play a vital role in supporting the business wide HR and recruitment function.
With a strong background in generalist HR, you’ll have a solid knowledge of and a passion for good HR practice and know the value it brings to a business and its people. You’ll be flexible and adaptable, providing enthusiastic support across a wide variety of general HR tasks, as well as providing daily HR support and advice to both staff and managers. With aspirations to develop your career in HR, you’ll work closely with our Head of People & Culture to support and drive the delivery of an excellent HR service. You’ll be highly organised with effective administrative skills, ensuring transactional HR work is handled with exceptional attention to detail.
With an outgoing and helpful nature, you will build a rapport quickly with our people and managers. You’ll balance strong people skills with a commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver personal development, improved productivity and keeping company goals and targets in mind. This is a demanding role, challenging and very rewarding!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, progressive and forward-thinking organisation that really does put people up front and centre in all that we do.
Your Role in a Nutshell
To help recruit, onboard and maintain a happy, healthy, productive and well looked after Frugi workforce, by delivering a comprehensive, efficient and professional generalist HR service to all managers and staff, throughout our organisation.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Be highly visible and accessible with in the business, acting as the first point of contact for all employees and resolving 1st line queries in a customer focussed and timely manner.
- Provide accurate and sound advice to employees and manager, as required, on our policies and procedures.
- Manage all employee administration throughout their lifecycle with the company, including onboarding, amendments to terms and conditions of employment, benefits, reference requests, leaver correspondence and creation and maintenance of employee files.
- Lead and champion our award winning the Healthy Workplace Scheme at Frugi, organising and promoting an engaging program of events and eliciting support and attendance internally.
- Administer the recruitment process end to end, including opening a vacancy, preparing documentation, placing adverts, processing applications, liaising with candidates and their representatives, liaising internally with hiring managers, agencies, scheduling interviews, closing the vacancy and evaluation.
- Coordinate and manage offers of employment and the employee on-boarding process, including creating job offers, contracts, background checks and delivering inductions and GDPR training, etc.
- Coordinate the Performance & Development review process, including communicating with managers and employees, creating letters, filing reviews and collating any changes to details.
- Coordinate activities identified in the annual training programme and organise training courses as required, using both internal and external resources.
- Manage some formal HR processes, i.e. investigations, flexible working requests, etc, as required.
- Provide support to the Head of People & Culture for more complex HR processes, meetings, or consultations.
- Support with projects and employee initiatives to drive and support employee engagement.
- Compile, analyse and present key HR data, for example staff metrics, holiday data, sickness absence, turnover data, providing ad hoc reports as required.
- Play and active role in the Frugi Fun Committee, assisting with and attending company wide events.
- Continuously evaluate current systems, policies and core HR processes, making recommendations to improve and streamline while ensuring compliance and managing risk.
- Remain up to date with the changes in relevant employment legislation, procedures and practices.
- Draft new policies, identifying relevant research, best practice and relevant legislation.
- Act as a role model; inspire others and project the company values in all that you do.
- You’ll be passionate about good HR practice and keen to develop your career further in this field.
- You will have proven and demonstrable experience in a similar HR generalist role managing a wide variety of HR processes independently.
- You’ll be CIPD qualified to at least level 3 or above.
- You’ll demonstrate a good broad knowledge of employment law and keep yourself up to date with legislative changes.
- You’ll have excellent interpersonal skills, a high level of tact, diplomacy and discretion, and the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels.
- You’ll have the ability to influence and build effective working relationships across the business.
- With good written and verbal communication skills you’ll be able to communicate to diverse range of people clearly and effectively.
- Being a self starter who is adaptable, flexible and committed, you’ll have the ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload.
- You’ll be process driven with a knack for improving efficiencies and streamlining processes where possible.
- You’ll demonstrate excellent attention to detail, with high levels of numeracy and literacy and maintain high standards, 100% accuracy and absolute confidentiality in all situations.
- You’ll be super organised, methodical, with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining a positive can-do attitude.
- You’ll act with professionalism and integrity.
- Your IT skills will be excellent in Outlook, Excel (advanced level preferred), Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
What’s in it for you?
- We’re offering a full time, permanent contract, based at our HQ in Helston, Cornwall.
- We’ll invest in you with a competitive salary, circa £22,000-£25,000, depending on your skills and experience.
- We’ll support your ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities.
- We offer fabulous career progression - as we grow, you’ll grow too!
- If we have a good year, we’ll share our profits with the team.
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme.
- We’ll give you a whopping 60% discount across our fantastic range.
- We’ll invite you to take part in our award-winning health & wellbeing activities.
- We hold regular team events organised by our very own Frugi Fun Committee.
- We offer a dynamic, innovative and exciting environment to work in.