- Provide day to day triage, help desk support to respond to client email/telephone queries, to provide an initial response on a variety of operational staff matters, employment and legal issues as required. Escalate enquiries as required;
- Follow up all advice/meetings with supporting letters/documents/step by step guides as required and in a timely manner;
- Draft and finalise client documents e.g. letters, contracts of employment, staff handbooks etc.;
- Coordinate recruitment campaigns for our clients;
- Cultivate & maintain existing client interactions;
- Supports Account Managers, in providing a responsive and timely service to our clients queries or requirements;
- Record all client contact and action taken on the client database, keeping the database up to date for all activity;
- Oversee and coordinate employee case management ensuring all elements are completed in a timely manner;
- Produce and keep up to date company template contracts, policies, letters, documents as required;
- Research HR topics to produce client information sheets or other information as identified.
This role is unique, for an experienced HR professional with a solid background of people management knowledge and practice. If this is you, then read on...
If you’re looking for routine, regularity and a predictable workload then this is not the role for you. This is a fast-paced, think-on-your-feet kind of role that will test your versatility, patience and problem-solving skills on a daily basis.
Our clients are a wonderful mix of small and medium-size businesses across every sector of industry and they all have their own ways of doing things. The role of the Helpdesk Advisor will be to take our best-practice advice and guidance in a range of HR situations and apply it in the way that best suits the client.
You will be the first point of contact for any incoming client queries, by phone and email, and you will either deal with these queries yourself, or refer them to another member of the team where appropriate. Routinely this will include queries about holiday pay, maternity leave, disciplinary sanctions, performance management, dismissals, grievances, TUPE, data protection, varying contracts of employment, changing employment policies, updating staff handbooks, writing job descriptions, help with recruitment, help with redundancies and everything in between. So you need to know your stuff and be confident in delivering sound advice to people whom you might never meet face to face!
A significant part of your role will be to get to know, and love, our CRM system and to become our internal guru of all things data-related. This will include ensuring that client records, work flows, project plans, time sheets and billing records are always up to date and accurately reflect the work carried out on our clients behalf.
You will also be our ‘go to’ person to keep our HR Library up to date. This is our internal source of information and guidance for our clients, so you will be constantly evolving this as law and best practice changes, and originating new content as required. You must take a keen interest in upcoming changes in employment law, and be able to quickly and proactively assess the impact on current processes;
No two days will ever be the same, and we can promise it will be more challenging on some days than others, but also hugely rewarding and a great opportunity to acquire a wide variety of HR experience in a much shorter time frame that you might gain in an internal HR role.
Are you the one for us? You need:
- Minimum Level 5 CIPD qualified or equivalent;
- Considerable post-qualification experience;
- Up-to-date with current employment law and HR practice;
- Experienced in developing HR policies and procedures;
- A real passion for being organised, with great time management, administration and analytical skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills;
- Dedicated to accuracy, detail & efficiency.