Health & Care Workforce Development Officer
Business & Management, Health & Social Care, Public Services
£21,074 per annum
Hours of work
37½ hours per week for 12 months
We are looking for someone to oversee the creation of a volunteer ‘passport’ scheme to allow volunteers to continue to support people as they move through the health and care system.
You should be experienced in multi-agency project management.
- To promote the passport scheme to new and existing volunteers, encouraging as many people as possible to sign up to the scheme.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with voluntary organisations and community groups, explaining the benefits of the passport scheme and encouraging them to participate.
- To work with public sector partners to ensure the scheme is meeting their needs and to regularly feedback progress and issues to ensure the scheme operates successfully.
- To identify and feedback to Volunteer Cornwall (VC) potential volunteering opportunities for people to support health and care services.
- To represent VC and its work at meetings, events and other functions, championing volunteering and social action and promoting the organisation’s values.
- Information Technology
- To create an I.T. system capable of recording and monitoring use of the passport scheme.
- To manage the operation and maintenance of the database and provide management information and reports as requested.
- To work efficiently with due regard for the economical use of company time and resources.
- To seek opportunities to access further funding and resource to embed the passport scheme within the health and care system in Cornwall.
- Administration and Organisation
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately, on time and is processed in line with VC policies and procedures.
- To create systems and processes that are simple to use and able to be shared and accessed across a range of partners.
- Quality Management
- To develop a passport scheme that meets the governance requirements of public & voluntary sector organisations in Cornwall without imposing unnecessary bureaucracy on volunteers.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to and set a personal example in implementing Health & Safety, Information Governance, Safeguarding & Equal Opportunities policies.
- In the spirit of good teamwork, willing to undertake all other reasonable duties as directed by the Senior Manager.
- Information Governance and Data Quality
- To quality assure the accuracy and completeness of data and information recorded on appropriate information systems.
- To maintain manual recording and reporting systems where automated reporting is either impractical or unavailable.
- To contribute to programmes and projects associated with the ongoing improvement of data quality.
- Values Driven Work
- To ensure that VC lives by its 5 underpinning values which are: To be bold and passionate, to work reciprocally and with collective purpose, promoting neighbourliness.
- We relate these to our daily work by being enabling, creating opportunity, innovating, providing proactive leadership and being inclusive.
Please click apply for further details
Volunteer Cornwall is a county-wide organisation, supporting the development of people and communities through voluntary action.
Other Application Details
To view the full Job Description and Person Specification and download an application form, please click apply.