JOB PURPOSE: To work with the Kernow Health CIC to facilitate the greater involvement of VCS organisations in support of health & care services across Cornwall.
- To work as part of the Kernow Health Hub Team, helping staff understand and identify opportunities to refer to the voluntary sector in Cornwall for transport, health and care services as appropriate.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with voluntary organisations and community groups to facilitate a joined-up response to the health & care needs of people in Cornwall.
- To provide advice and support, including further signposting where appropriate, to voluntary sector organisations to build their capacity to support the transformation agenda.
- To identify and feed back to Volunteer Cornwall (VC) potential volunteering opportunities for people to support health and care services.
- To represent VC and its work at meetings, events and other functions, championing volunteering and social action and promoting the organisation’s values.
- Information Technology
- To access health systems as required in order to make referrals / provide information.
- To manage the operation and maintenance of the database and provide management information and reports as requested.
- To work efficiently with due regard for the economical use of company time and resources.
- To seek opportunities to access further funding and work with the wider Health Team & Kernow Health CIC in developing bids in partnership (where appropriate) to fill gaps in service provision.
- Administration and Organisation
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately, on time and is processed in line with VC policies and procedures.
- To operate as a member of both the VC and Kernow Health CIC teams making maximum use of opportunities for joint working.
- To produce accurate and detailed reports suitable for the audience.
- Quality Management
- To develop an understanding of the unmet health & care needs of people in Cornwall and work with VC, its statutory partners and the voluntary sector to develop innovative solutions.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to and set a personal example in implementing Health & Safety, Information Governance, Safeguarding & Equal Opportunities policies.
- In the spirit of good teamwork, willing to undertake all other reasonable duties as directed by the Senior Manager.
- Information Governance and Data Quality
- To quality assure the accuracy and completeness of data and information recorded on VC and/or Kernow Health CIC’s information systems.
- To maintain manual recording and reporting systems where automated reporting is either impractical or unavailable.
- To contribute to programmes and projects associated with the ongoing improvement of data quality.
- Values Driven Work
- To ensure that VC lives by its 5 underpinning values which are: To be bold and passionate, to work reciprocally and with collective purpose, promoting neighbourliness.
- We relate these to our daily work by being enabling, creating opportunity, innovating, providing proactive leadership and being inclusive.
Please click apply for full job description and person specification