As a growing company moving from ‘start up’ to ‘being more grown up’ you will need to demonstrate experience of setting up and implementing compliant and fit for purpose HR processes while growing and maintaining a unique internal culture.
We have a robust HR system, so while there will be the usual administration tasks to ensure we are doing things properly we don’t want this to be the focus of this role. At Crowdfunder we are passionate about what we do, and through this passion we’ve brought together a very special group of people. Through the next stages of our development taking care of our staff is key, so we’ll be looking for help to build a unique offering for our team.
With an environment that already includes dogs, surfboards and regular socials, working at Crowdfunder is like becoming part of an extended family. We want to maintain that feeling, whilst ensuring that our newer staff, especially those who work remotely, feel included. At this key stage in our growth we aim to be a leader within Cornwall, and the UK in championing diversity, equality and supporting and celebrating individual uniqueness.
This role is based - at least part of the time - in our beautiful head office office in Newquay, Cornwall. We are comfortable remote workers - who isn’t these days - and as long as you are able to regularly spend time in Cornwall (dogs also welcome) and with other key stakeholders we are happy to consider applicants from across the UK. Location is not a barrier to finding and employing great talent!
We’ve given a broad salary range, because for us it’s about finding the right person for the job. We want to make this role available to people at different points in their career, and if you have less experience we can help you grow into the role.
- Embedding the core of what we do and who we are into the HR policies, to make HR a positive and human experience for all our employees.
- Building a diversity, equality and inclusion program we can all be proud of.
- Training our managers to be self sufficient and confident with their teamspeople processes, including performance reviews, interviewing and day to day team management.
- Supporting the development of Kick Start and internships within the business to give young people the opportunity to experience the world of Crowdfunding.
- Developing and implementing HR policies.
- Supporting strategic objectives.
- Overseeing all recruitment and guiding managers in best practice.
- Hiring staff and negotiating employment agreements.
- Ensuring compliance with all employment related laws and regulations.
- Working with our current team to implement staff mental and physical wellness support.
- Maintaining staff records and HiBOB, our HR system.
- Developing a cutting edge employee benefits and workplace culture.
Head of HR Requirements:
- CIPD qualified/ similar practical experience level.
- Experience working within startups.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- The ability to demonstrate situations where you’ve embedded culture and created a unique HR environment.
- A passion for working with people, and an ability to develop and maintain great working relationships remotely
- Detail-oriented but also comfortable with ‘big picture’ considerations
- Good people problem-solving skills.
- Experience with HiBob or similar HR system and ability to work with the Google suite of applications including Google docs, spreadsheets and G-mail
- A sound knowledge of employment law and regulations.
- A sense of humour and a love of the unexpected.
- Flexibility and adaptive to change.